Texas Fishing Forum

tarpon 120 diy seat

Posted By: General Jigs

tarpon 120 diy seat - 06/03/15 12:56 AM

I bought a used tarpon 120 that did not come with a seat so this is what I came up with. I had to get up off the floor as I won't tolerate a wet butt while fishing. Sure beats spending $100 plus on a kayak specific seat.

$9 camp chair from academy
heat gun and some pvc, riveted and sealed to the kayak.

Posted By: CCTX

Re: tarpon 120 diy seat - 06/04/15 01:28 AM

I like it a lot
Posted By: Double K Outdoors

Re: tarpon 120 diy seat - 06/04/15 08:44 PM

Great build. I've been thinking about building a raised seat for mine just to get me up another 3-4 inches and this gives me yet another idea!

It looks like you took those pictures on your phone (HTC M7)

Re: tarpon 120 diy seat - 06/07/15 01:27 AM

Haha yes I did take it on my HTC...bought it because it had advertised a great camera...until the camera filter now takes every picture with a red haze.
Posted By: sweetwood

Re: tarpon 120 diy seat - 06/12/15 08:53 PM

That's a great idea!

Re: tarpon 120 diy seat - 06/12/15 09:13 PM

thanks, the more I think about it the more I want to add some type of pouch or tool holder to the sides of the chair so I can keep my needle nose pliers, clips, and other small tools close by. will post pics once completed should I decide to add that mod.
Posted By: DRE Go Fish

Re: tarpon 120 diy seat - 08/09/15 02:32 PM

Less than $20 in parts, dry butt and a height advantage while on the water, well played thumb
Posted By: Neumie

Re: tarpon 120 diy seat - 08/19/15 03:58 AM

Nice mod, but, um, are you sure you bought a Tarpon 120?
Posted By: theduke

Re: tarpon 120 diy seat - 08/20/15 02:31 AM

Yea that was my thinking to, my layout isn't anything like that.

Re: tarpon 120 diy seat - 09/04/15 05:07 AM

Originally Posted By: DRE Go Fish
Less than $20 in parts, dry butt and a height advantage while on the water, well played thumb

THank you sir. as far as whether or not its a tarpon, its what i was told by the previous owner. its many years old but you can still see part of the wilderness systems logo on it. many of the features match up to the old tarpon, but if you have a better guess i would love to know.

i still have not made it out on the water in this, hopefully once weather cools off a bit i can see if she floats, haha!
Posted By: Neumie

Re: tarpon 120 diy seat - 09/04/15 08:12 AM

Originally Posted By: General Jigs

THank you sir. as far as whether or not its a tarpon, its what i was told by the previous owner. its many years old but you can still see part of the wilderness systems logo on it. many of the features match up to the old tarpon, but if you have a better guess i would love to know.

I think it's a Riot Escape 12 with an 8" hatch added in front of the seat.
Posted By: xFLYNNx

Re: tarpon 120 diy seat - 02/10/16 09:31 PM

How did the seat mod hold up? I've got a Pescador that I'd love to get higher up in.

Re: tarpon 120 diy seat - 02/11/16 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By: xFLYNNx
How did the seat mod hold up? I've got a Pescador that I'd love to get higher up in.

so far so good, it has sat in the garage since June, have yet to take it out on the water lol
Posted By: BearfootGypsie

Re: tarpon 120 diy seat - 02/11/16 04:02 PM

Quote:
so far so good, it has sat in the garage since June, have yet to take it out on the water lol

now that is depressing!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum