Texas Fishing Forum

Wilderness Systems Commander

Posted By: Federale

Wilderness Systems Commander - 03/11/14 01:04 PM

Let's see em.....

Mine is bare bones and I am trying to decide how I want to manage my rods etc.

Re: Wilderness Systems Commander - 03/14/14 07:34 AM

Ok I guess its up to me...

Started working on my sound proofing. I went a different route than the brand name STS. I will post better pics when I'm finished but so far I am happy with the turnout.

Re: Wilderness Systems Commander - 03/16/14 02:43 AM

Calling it done for now.

Posted By: draftgear

Re: Wilderness Systems Commander - 03/16/14 05:59 PM

Hey Federale what material did you use, that looks sharp. Is it holding up well I have a 140 I am wanting to do.

Re: Wilderness Systems Commander - 03/16/14 11:35 PM

I used EVA foam sheets that you can find at most craft stores. You can get a big roll or small 8x11 peel and stick sheets. If you get a large roll or large sheets you will have to apply your own adhesive. I originally assumed the peel and stick sheets would not adhere well but I found they worked great. After letting it sit a while it wouldn't peel off without leaving foam behind which I thought was ideal.

So basically peel and stick is easiest but you will have more seams if using in larger areas. Although its very easy to mold and get a seamless appearance.

This is a lot cheaper than STS and I liked the smooth surface over the bumped STS texture.

Re: Wilderness Systems Commander - 04/01/14 03:40 PM

Just picked up a H-bird 346 DI and am looking into my ducer options. So far this is what I am leaning toward. Not real crazy about the arm over the side styles...

Open to suggestions tho...
Posted By: Bass Art

Re: Wilderness Systems Commander - 04/02/14 08:42 AM

I like your transducer mount, but I have a trolling motor back there. I have a HB 385ci depth finder, and my transducer is mounted in my hull. I put a cup of water in the mount and it works very well. But the temp doesn't. I'm thinking of making a flexible arm that I can deploy in the water in front of the head unit, but I may leave mine alone.

Nice work on yours.

Re: Wilderness Systems Commander - 04/02/14 03:40 PM

I should have mentioned the above ducer mount pic is not my boat. Just a pic I found online tht I plan on copying. I'll post a pic when I am done with mine.

Thanks Art.

Re: Wilderness Systems Commander - 04/16/14 02:03 AM

First attempt...

Need to spray it black
Posted By: Bass Art

Re: Wilderness Systems Commander - 04/16/14 02:09 AM

Dude, that's slick. Should be your last try...I doubt if black paint would make it work better or look better. Nice work!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum