Texas Fishing Forum

Port A Boat Ramps

Posted By: Ambassador84

Port A Boat Ramps - 09/02/17 03:37 PM

How are the boat ramps looking at Port A. What about bait stands? Looking to go king fishing next weekend. Is there any ribbon fish available in the area? Can I even get my boat in the water?
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Port A Boat Ramps - 09/02/17 10:04 PM

Might want to relocate to Mansfield.
Posted By: lite-liner

Re: Port A Boat Ramps - 09/03/17 12:56 AM

dude, really? baitstands?
loco
Posted By: Max_S

Re: Port A Boat Ramps - 09/03/17 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Ambassador84
How are the boat ramps looking at Port A. What about bait stands? Looking to go king fishing next weekend. Is there any ribbon fish available in the area? Can I even get my boat in the water?

Port Aransas only recently restored running water and as far as I know still doesn't have electricity. There has hardly been a single business or building that didn't suffer significant structural damage, especially along the waterfront.

It's pretty safe to say that you won't be buying frozen ribbon fish or very much else there for a while.
Posted By: boocat

Re: Port A Boat Ramps - 09/03/17 02:44 PM

They are currently dealing with a few other minor issues.
Posted By: OnTheRoad

Re: Port A Boat Ramps - 09/03/17 05:38 PM

i read last night it will be 6 to 8 weeks before the services will be back up running
Posted By: uncle_bagster

Re: Port A Boat Ramps - 09/04/17 09:42 PM

You can go to Google Earth and get an idea of damages to piers and such.

Re: Port A Boat Ramps - 09/05/17 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Pat Goff
Might want to relocate to Mansfield.

I consider this constructive. Thanks Pat. To everyone else...I grew up fishing Port A. I know that there was allot of damage. I also know that they are a resilient bunch and that their livelihood is supported by people like me. If there was any chance in the world that I could see them back in any shape, form, or fashion able to do what they do best I'm ready to support it. Other than that I will be down there in a few weeks to help with the clean up. I was just hoping there was a chance to take my Grandpa out 1 more time...

Re: Port A Boat Ramps - 09/05/17 01:59 PM

Originally Posted By: OnTheRoad
i read last night it will be 6 to 8 weeks before the services will be back up running

Thanks.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum