Texas Fishing Forum

One Last Cast ....

Posted By: Grinder55

One Last Cast .... - 06/22/17 04:37 PM

"One Last Cast" .. how often have ya said that ?

FISH STORY Today !!!!

Ok, you know what they say, "Truth is stranger than fiction."

Game plan was to fish TD Cindy's high tide and to be out of the SaltH2O before 9 am so Rex2 could go to work @ noon.

In the water before daybreak and Rex, II caught the 1st fish - a nice trout. Fish were scattered but reds were running with the trout.

Time to go and I was 1 short of a Trout Limit (5/day) and 1 short of a redfish limit (3/day).

Got to my vehicle and told Rex, II I was gonna make 1 last cast and see if I could get my trout limit today.

BAM .... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ !!!! My reel starts singing !!! The biggest Trout of the day hit my line while I was standing beside my car !!! I put that quality Trout on my stringer and had to retake my fish catch of the day. Didn't mind that at all.

I always say, "Keep a hook in the water ya might catch something."

Those words held true today right in front of my son's eyes, so he learned that lesson 1st hand this morning.

Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: One Last Cast .... - 06/22/17 04:54 PM

thumb
Posted By: Texasredneck70

Re: One Last Cast .... - 06/22/17 04:58 PM

Looking forward to my trip in July!

Nice fish

B

Re: One Last Cast .... - 06/22/17 07:49 PM

For sure Texasredneck70, so am I.

This was at one of the drive up locations in my WadeFish RockportŠ Book & DVD, but since we'll be going by boat we will be fishing closer to the surf. Might even wade Cedar Bayou if "it's on" there.

Fish bite was strong as the tide was early, when tide quit pumping, basically the bite went with it. My lower back is sore from the tide pushing me all morning long.

Several decent size schools of trout ( 20" - 22") and reds (23" - 24') were cruising with that tide, but they weren't staying in one spot despite a ton of bait at this location.
Posted By: smooth move

Re: One Last Cast .... - 06/22/17 08:03 PM

last and best cast!
Posted By: Cast

Re: One Last Cast .... - 06/22/17 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By: smooth move
last and best cast!

Yes?
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: One Last Cast .... - 06/23/17 12:31 AM

Nice! thumb
Posted By: lite-liner

Re: One Last Cast .... - 06/23/17 11:38 AM

way to finish, Rex!
BTW, Cedar Bayou is a place I've wanted to get to for 2 yrs now........

Re: One Last Cast .... - 06/25/17 03:18 PM

Cedar Bayou is awesome when it's "on", no doubt about that lite-liner.

When it was open from 1995 - 2003 and it was real windy, I would just take my clients there and we'd hammer the fish in the gut that came in from the surf.

Several 30" trout have made to my customers walls from there, ... and I have a 30" trout on the wall that came from Cedar Bayou as well.

Tarpon cruise that gut as well - I've had'em cruise right by me at incredible speeds - and when their fin is out of the water piercing the surface, it literally sounds like a jet plane flying by you.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum