Texas Fishing Forum

I almost caught a White marlin

Posted By: Mark's Fence Repair

I almost caught a White marlin - 06/21/17 01:00 AM

I went out about 40 miles to some grassline on the rip outta grand isle. I was fishin for chicken dolphin and I guess I left one on the hook a little too long cause a white marlin smashed it, it was awesome! I Am gonna start targeting them things from now on Imma catch a grander!
Posted By: Andrew Taylor

Re: I almost caught a White marlin - 06/21/17 02:51 PM

The one that got away

Re: I almost caught a White marlin - 06/21/17 03:19 PM

I was thinking marlin marlin marlin the whole time I was down there.. .I am trying to get some better gear so I can go back during the tarpon rodeo. I think Im gonna just use a shimano 50 wide and alot of line and a live small blackfin tuna for BAIT!
Posted By: Andrew Taylor

Re: I almost caught a White marlin - 06/21/17 04:10 PM

I want to ask you so many questions about Grand Isle now lol
Posted By: fouzman

Re: I almost caught a White marlin - 06/21/17 05:20 PM

Catch a grander? That could be tough since the world record white is 181 lbs.

Re: I almost caught a White marlin - 06/22/17 05:03 AM

i hear tell theres a blue marlin out there that will eat divers and sink boats... I just ordered a shimano 80 wide for $700 it has 3000 feet of line on it so yea Im gonna catch a grander in my little boat I already know what needs to be done all the records are just suggestions Im gonna double up maybe 2 world record fish in one day on gopro and I might even end up in the florida sportsman magazine with 2 fine womens in bikinis baiting my hooks for me. maybe get a boat with a diesel motor and take a trip to the bahamas
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum