Texas Fishing Forum

Saltwater Night fishing Houston area?

Posted By: QuintanillaJoel

Saltwater Night fishing Houston area? - 06/14/17 08:06 PM

Not asking for y'all to give up honey holes here, lol, I just need some ideas for places where I can actually STAY during the night to fish. a lot of the public piers in clear lake, kemah, etc. all close after nightfall. Does anyone know of any place that I can go and stay all night?

OBS: Can be either bank OR kayak
Posted By: Neil Aggarwal

Re: Saltwater Night fishing Houston area? - 06/15/17 02:22 AM

You can camp on the beach at San Luis Pass.
I assume you mean the coastline, not Houston specifically.
Posted By: smooth move

Re: Saltwater Night fishing Houston area? - 06/15/17 03:13 AM

i think the 61 st pier is open all night. the texas city dyke too.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Saltwater Night fishing Houston area? - 06/15/17 03:14 AM

Go to the Tx City Dike on the far East end. Set up lights if you have any. People are out there nearly every day. Set up camp and have fun.
Posted By: Stevereno

Re: Saltwater Night fishing Houston area? - 06/15/17 01:29 PM

Originally Posted By: V-Bottom
Go to the Tx City Dike on the far East end. Set up lights if you have any. People are out there nearly every day. Set up camp and have fun.

Yeah, I have not done it but there are lots of YouTube videos where folks take generators down to the TC Dike, set up their portable floodlights and fish all night. They will also take various tables, cooking eqpt and so forth almost like a camping trip.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Saltwater Night fishing Houston area? - 06/15/17 02:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Stevereno
Originally Posted By: V-Bottom

Yeah, I have not done it but there are lots of YouTube videos where folks take generators down to the TC Dike, set up their portable floodlights and fish all night. They will also take various tables, cooking eqpt and so forth almost like a camping trip.

Peaceful place, clean, and set up camp. I advise you,, that if you go there..get some 2" PVC pipe at least 4' long to wedge into the rock groin for rod holders. Some folks will bring a wide mouth fish net with LONG handles!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum