Texas Fishing Forum

TPWD Official Weigh Station........Re-Opening Soon

Posted By: V-Bottom

TPWD Official Weigh Station........Re-Opening Soon - 05/23/17 03:29 AM

Every year I have to have my Primary Scale, a Pro Tournament H2 Series Deluxe, re-certified. I will be picking up the scale this Thursday from Cal-Tech Calibrations,Inc. in Dickinson, Texas. Jeff has done all my re-certifications on all our Teams scales. He's located across the street (646) from the Galveston County Emergency Communications Center. They have the BIG Radar for this area. See the Official Weigh Stations sections on the TPWD website for all contact info.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: TPWD Official Weigh Station........Re-Opening Soon - 05/25/17 12:51 AM

As a reminder, I will pick up my scale before noon tomorrow. The weigh station will be in operation Friday. I would like you anglers, young kids and adults, to log on to the site that has a list of weigh stations and read up on the Texas Anglers Recognition Program. There are many categories in which you may qualify for a Record Catch in either Freshwater or Saltwater. Pay attention to the category.... Water Body Records....you just may qualify!!

The CCA's STAR Tournament starts this weekend and ends Sept 5th. I have had people call me wanting a fish weighed for that tournament. Be advised, I DO NOT DO THAT. CCA has their own Official Weigh Stations along the entire Texas Coast. BTW: In the kids division are categories of catches...if you sign up and WIN.....a $50K Scholarship is available to you. Read Up and be safe out there this summer. ed
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum