Texas Fishing Forum

Port A in Sept.....?

Posted By: dadymat

Port A in Sept.....? - 05/07/17 05:24 AM

making a trip PA mid Sept, never been that time of year, ....how is the fishing from jetties, bays, surf and piers that time of year?....thanks in advance
Posted By: dolphinslayer1

Re: Port A in Sept.....? - 05/07/17 07:07 AM

I don't know about the inshore stuff but if you get on a boat (any boat) on an offshore 12 hr trip or longer, you have Adam good chance to have a lot of fun with tuna. By Sept most of the shrimp boats have filled in, and it's usually pretty consistant.
Posted By: dolphinslayer1

Re: Port A in Sept.....? - 05/07/17 07:08 AM

Late Sept the bull reds are usually running pretty good In the jetties and channel piers, and it is the beginning of the flounder run
Posted By: KQT

Re: Port A in Sept.....? - 05/07/17 06:20 PM

Love September. Excellent surf fishing. Black drum and reds. You can pm me for tips. Btw me pb red (43 inches) came in mid September oh and big whiting are hungry as are the skipjack aka lady fish fun fun.
Posted By: TroutSupport.com

Re: Port A in Sept.....? - 05/08/17 02:33 PM

Bay fishing for redfish is about as good as it get's that time of year.
Posted By: dadymat

Re: Port A in Sept.....? - 05/08/17 06:02 PM

thanks guys, any bait preference for fall?....I usually use live shrimp, croakers, mullet or piggys....some times artificial
Posted By: TroutSupport.com

Re: Port A in Sept.....? - 05/09/17 03:45 PM

Any of that will work fine if that's what you are used to throwing. you can also throw a gold weedless spoon or a bone spook and catch some fish as well. Afternoons will still have a lot of floating grass and you might throw the weedless spoon or weedless rigged soft plastic late morning or afternoon as the winds bring up the grass.
Posted By: horton5303

Re: Port A in Sept.....? - 05/15/17 01:50 AM

What size of gold spoon and brand? Going to SPI in late June and would like to catch fish bigger than whiting.
Posted By: Grinder55

Re: Port A in Sept.....? - 05/15/17 11:47 AM

Weather is cooler and the trout n' red bite is more aggressive.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum