Texas Fishing Forum

Flounder spots at Port A/Corpus area

Posted By: fishing_tom

Flounder spots at Port A/Corpus area - 10/17/16 05:12 AM

Heading down to Port A this weekend to hit the mullet run off the jetty and surf. Anyone know any spots I can try and get in on some flounder action? Will be fishing from shore/wading. Thank you in advance!
Posted By: Duckcreek Davy

Re: Flounder spots at Port A/Corpus area - 10/18/16 03:44 AM

It's called Charlie's Pasture. If you should come across to Port A using the ferry take the very first right you see and it will take you down to it. I guess you can still go there. Haven't been down in a while. Good place to wade fish for flounder.
Posted By: fishing_tom

Re: Flounder spots at Port A/Corpus area - 10/18/16 05:25 AM

THank you! I will give this place a try!
Posted By: Grinder55

Re: Flounder spots at Port A/Corpus area - 10/18/16 04:47 PM

Charlies Pasture - the pier or the sand bars along the bank.

Cool front Thursday is a good thing, but it's a bit early for a serious flounder run.
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Flounder spots at Port A/Corpus area - 10/20/16 04:58 AM

I remember seeing a sign against wading because of the waves made by the tanker ships there
Posted By: Duckcreek Davy

Re: Flounder spots at Port A/Corpus area - 10/20/16 06:33 AM

Originally Posted By: gar1970
I remember seeing a sign against wading because of the waves made by the tanker ships there
Glad you brought that up. It neverstopped us before...BUT! go back to the bank when you see a tanker coming . the draft from the big ships will create a mini Tsunami for a couple of minutes You don't want to learn about that the hard way...like I did. It was pretty awful, but the other folks back on the shore got a great amount of amusement roflmao watching me lose my tackle and roll in the waves uncontrollably through I think 3 sets of water retreat and then return. I hope they don't prohibit fishing there now.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum