Texas Fishing Forum

trout in the lights

Posted By: smooth move

trout in the lights - 06/03/16 04:30 AM

hard to see what's really happening here, but, the trout(18-22")are just killing the shad in the light. trying to upload the video with sound. you can hear them popping the bait on the surface. here's a pic, i'll get some help to upload the video tomorrow.

Re: trout in the lights - 06/03/16 12:56 PM

https://youtu.be/haY5kaHUvdM
try this
Posted By: TroutSupport.com

Re: trout in the lights - 06/03/16 01:06 PM

It's fun to watch them working like that. Clint, you're like me, as much as we don't need to fish the lights anymore, it still reminds me of my early days and it's fun. Heck, I'll always pull a rod out where there is a light around to catch a couple, even before a wading trip while the other guys are getting their chit together. LOL.
Posted By: Grinder55

Re: trout in the lights - 06/03/16 01:07 PM

Gotta love that sound .. imitate it with your popping cork or lure while your fishing !!!

Re: trout in the lights - 06/03/16 01:58 PM

when it gets like that, we just mix a couple drinks and pull up a chair. new neighbor across the canal never seen anything like it. he probably stayed out there all night.
Posted By: lite-liner

Re: trout in the lights - 06/03/16 04:36 PM

I'm one of those new to this. enjoying it & learning a lot.
catching a mess of nice trout, too.
may order one of those underwater lights & put it on my dock
Posted By: kickingback

Re: trout in the lights - 06/03/16 06:33 PM

I like fishing lights. Problem is I take my yak all quiet up the channels and then some boat comes in with his motor running and scares them all off. I wish they knew how to fish them. You have to be very quiet when fishing them to keep them on the same light. Too many people do not know the proper etiquette when fishing that close to peoples homes as well.
Either a trolling motor or kayak is bet suited to fish the lights.

Re: trout in the lights - 06/04/16 01:17 PM

Originally Posted By: kickingback
I like fishing lights. Problem is I take my yak all quiet up the channels and then some boat comes in with his motor running and scares them all off. I wish they knew how to fish them. You have to be very quiet when fishing them to keep them on the same light. Too many people do not know the proper etiquette when fishing that close to peoples homes as well.
Either a trolling motor or kayak is bet suited to fish the lights.

some of the younger guys around here(i can't hang anymore)will wait till about 1 or 2 am and cruise the lights in yaks. they're pretty good at it too, just getting one or maybe two out of each light and slipping off to the next one. they stay well out of the light and hang next to the docks, casting around the edges of the light.
Posted By: kickingback

Re: trout in the lights - 06/04/16 10:21 PM

LOL That's what I do. The last weekend there were boaters out that late...happens on weekends and holidays mainly.
Posted By: TroutSupport.com

Re: trout in the lights - 06/06/16 02:34 PM

There's also some getting up at 3am and fishing 3am to dawn..

Re: trout in the lights - 06/06/16 02:47 PM

Originally Posted By: TroutSupport.com
There's also some getting up at 3am and fishing 3am to dawn..

at my age, most mornings, that's when i have to [censored]. so i might as well fish too.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum