Texas Fishing Forum

First time trying aransas pass from shore.

Posted By: dbraune

First time trying aransas pass from shore. - 05/30/16 09:41 PM

Any decent places i should try? Going to attemp packery and see what happens this time. We will be down 6/10-13. And thank you for any tips & pointers smile
Posted By: TroutSupport.com

Re: First time trying aransas pass from shore. - 05/31/16 02:14 PM

There are numerous places. When I used to wade in, I always liked the cut near Mustang Towers. We refer to it as Wilsons Cut. there are flats either side of it.. can be a long walk, but plenty of room to spread out and find a red or 2.
Posted By: oldboat

Re: First time trying aransas pass from shore. - 05/31/16 03:26 PM

We were just down there this weekend we caught some trout on the bay side of Packery channel, right past the bridge by the no wake signs. We had kayaks and just tied off to the sign on the north side. We were catching them on live shrimp under popping corks and just free lining them. We had our camper set up on the beach right next to the channel on the surf side. we did not catch much there but did see some some black drum caught all the way out in the surf on the far end of the rocks.
Posted By: malibu6501

Re: First time trying aransas pass from shore. - 06/01/16 12:56 AM

Fish Pass on the bay side can be productive. I see people all the time on 361 on sailboat channel, but I've never spent much time there so I don't have a clue on the success rate there. The Steadman's reef area might be an option for you. There's a point off of 361 toward the ferry from AP that I see vehicles down. But,if it was me on foot, I'd go to Fish Pass bay side and work that area. You can wade all the way to the bar if you want to. If you use bait, bring a net and you should be able to do it on the cheap at Fish Pass. Otherwise, Conn Brown has a couple of bait houses that stay pretty well stocked. There's also a bait house at Hampton's and a couple or three on 361 toward Port A.
Posted By: dbraune

Re: First time trying aransas pass from shore. - 06/03/16 12:39 AM

thanks guys
Posted By: Grinder55

Re: First time trying aransas pass from shore. - 06/03/16 01:09 PM

Packery has been producing as well as wade spots - also low tide has been producing good numbers.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum