Texas Fishing Forum

crabbing locations

Posted By: Skavatar

crabbing locations - 05/23/16 12:06 AM

looking for a family friendly location for crabbing. i've got a 3.75 year old son, and my parents in their 60's.

no boat, no pots. just the crab nets (like mini pier nets) and or bait on a string from the shore/pier.

when i was younger we'd usually goto the North Jetty and walk about 1/2 mile past the paved section.

we had no luck at Seawolf Park 2 weeks ago.

ty
Posted By: TroutSupport.com

Re: crabbing locations - 05/23/16 01:43 PM

I've even heard the crabbers in Galveston are having a tough time this year with the continued lower salinity. You might try closer to SanLuis pass.. maybe colds pass. there is a road that dead ends into colds pass. The other might be the county park where the KOA used to be at SLP. Also, not your typical crabbing areas but with the lowered salinity, you might try the rock groins and T heads on the beach. They are short walks, some are almost wheelchair compliant. I would do it on calmer days.
Posted By: Chiprat

Re: crabbing locations - 05/24/16 06:56 PM

last year we did real good at San Luis pass. East side and north side of the Bridge. Very Sandy, you will need 4x4, Not Diesel. lol we had 5 poles and used chicken drums and necks. had a full pot within a few hours. I take a Gunny sack and a bucket to keep them wet and cool, but don't drown them, you can.. just keep them wet.
Posted By: Skavatar

Re: crabbing locations - 05/29/16 08:23 PM

ok thanks. i guess we'll have to try the beach front.

Haven't been to San Luis Pass in a few years. How is the Bryan Beach area for crabbing?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum