Texas Fishing Forum

am i dead?

Posted By: smooth move

am i dead? - 05/01/16 11:50 PM

fished thurs and fri, prefishing for a tourny. nada, my fishing partner caught a couple. sat, tourny day, he catches a flounder and 3 reds, one at 27 1/2". me nada. took my grandson out today and caught a gar on a topwater, 2 gaftop on shrimp. 4 days fishing 8 to 10 hrs a day and a gar and 2 sail cats? am i dead and in hell? how can this happen?
Posted By: moonriver

Re: am i dead? - 05/02/16 12:09 AM

roflmao
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: am i dead? - 05/02/16 02:09 AM

It's fishing not catching. Review your methods and adjust until you figure it out. The sobering truth is somebody caught them today up to you to figure out how
Posted By: Fritz423

Re: am i dead? - 05/02/16 06:29 AM

Use the force, Luke.
Posted By: TroutSupport.com

Re: am i dead? - 05/02/16 01:42 PM

Happens to the best of us sometimes... high tides have been problematic to say the least.
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: am i dead? - 05/02/16 02:09 PM

Trout, reds and flounder are eating machines, that's all they do is eat, try not to get eaten and make babies once a year. If you're not getting bit, you aren't around any fish, time to pick up and go find out where they are.

Most people fish for convenience, they go to "spots" and if they aren't there are content with "they didn't bite" when the school very likely was a 100 yards away doing something different.
Posted By: Grinder55

Re: am i dead? - 05/02/16 02:38 PM

Yep, that's why I say:

Fishing is fun, but catching is more FUN
Posted By: Mo

Re: am i dead? - 05/02/16 05:45 PM

No , it is not your time yet, smile

My Captain in Delacroix says " When hardheads start eating plastic,
It is the end of the world "

Mo
Posted By: trout yakin

Re: am i dead? - 05/02/16 06:25 PM

It happens!!!
Posted By: BudT

Re: am i dead? - 05/03/16 01:55 AM

Dude, glad to hear it's not just me, it'll turn around. Spring can be tough for me when were not having monsoon like rains. Hang in there.
Posted By: smooth move

Re: am i dead? - 05/03/16 02:35 AM

on the up side. with all this water, i'm exploring areas i can only wade to normally, with ease in the Pathfinder. really getting my eyes opened to stuff that i never even knew existed before, right in my back yard. pretty cool stuff.
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: am i dead? - 05/03/16 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Mo
No , it is not your time yet, smile

My Captain in Delacroix says " When hardheads start eating plastic,
It is the end of the world "

Mo
Hahahah last July for my 40th birthday day my wife provided me with a guide trip to Sabine lake, it was brutally hot and all the fresh water had things messed up on the north half of the lake. We were throwing 4" swim Baits at a spot in the ship channel. We were supposed to be catching reds but we probably caught 20+ big hardheads,I did catch a nice red and a trout tho...I'd like go down there some more... I really like being around the salt.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum