Texas Fishing Forum

Navionics Looking for Help in Texas & Louisiana

Posted By: Ebmohst

Navionics Looking for Help in Texas & Louisiana - 03/23/16 05:09 PM

Navionics is looking for help in the following Texas and Louisiana areas:

Texas
o Port Arthur TX (Lake Sabine) (1-2 people)
o Baytown, TX (1 person)
o Galveston, TX (2-3 people)
o Port Lavaca, TX (one person)
o Corpus Christie, TX (2 people)

Louisiana
o Venice, LA (at least 4 people)
o Bayou Petit or Dulac area – (1 person)
o Metairee and Bell Chase 2-3
o Morgan city/Patterson LA (1-2 People)
o Lake Charles, LA (1 person)
o Lafayette/New Iberia, Golden Isles LA (2-3 people

If you are interested in helping out, shoot me a PM or email at tmoore@navionics.com and I can give you the details of what we are looking for and the potential incentives.
Posted By: BODA

Re: Navionics Looking for Help in Texas & Louisiana - 03/24/16 12:13 PM

looking to hire?

Re: Navionics Looking for Help in Texas & Louisiana - 03/27/16 03:21 PM

Hey BODA,

What we are looking for is individuals who know the areas to assist in collecting sonar logs. Here is a quick snapshot of what we are looking for. Sorry for the way this looks once I pulled it out of word it got a bit jacked up:

Navionics Is looking to improve the mapping on the Louisiana and Texas coast and here is what we are looking for:

• We are in the process of acquiring new data but really need the help of some coastal anglers to collect sonar logs
o If you have a Humminbird, a Lowrance Gen 2 with GoFree, or a Gen 3, or newer Raymarine unit, you are good to go.
o The great thing is that the logs they collect are anonymous and the will not be giving away their secret spots.
• Here are some of the things we can offer, just for doing what you already do. (With proof of completion of the task of recording logs):
o Per Diem, based on time on the water, (but between 3-6 hours), & number of documented logs
o I can provide a new chart when the new chart is produced,
 blank cards of course for recording if you use a Humminbird
o The Navionics app for recording logs with SonarCharts Live (see link below for details)
o I would even throw In a tank of gas (value $75) if an angler went out just to record logs
 Again, proof of performance is required and I would want it in very specific places, but the offer is out there.
• Here is what you would need to do if you are willing & selected to participate
o Nothing special, just do what you normally do!
 Are you a tournament fisherman? Just go fish, and record while you’re doing it….pre-fish days are great…but now you get paid.
 Are you a guide? Run your business, do your guide trip…just record while you’re doing it….and get paid!
 Are you a weekend warrior? Just go fishing…but record while you are doing it….and get paid
• Here are the areas we want to improve
o I am looking specifically in the following areas (although I am open to more popular area) :
 Venice, LA (at least 4 guys)
 Bayou Petit or Dulac area – (1 person)
 Metairee and Bell Chase 2-3
 Morgan city/Patterson LA (1-2 People)
 Lake Charles, LA (1 person)
 Lafayette/New Iberia, Golden Isles LA (2-3 people
 Port Arthur TX (Lake Sabine) (1-2 people)
 Baytown, TX (1 person)
 Galveston, TX (2-3 people)
 Port Lavaca, TX (one)

Re: Navionics Looking for Help in Texas & Louisiana - 04/04/16 11:42 AM

Hey BODA, Just checking in to see if you had any questions about the above? Shoot me an email or call me if you do. tmoore@navionics.com or 508-317-3369.

Tshombe Moore
Posted By: photofishin

Re: Navionics Looking for Help in Texas & Louisiana - 04/04/16 04:01 PM

Tshombe, you have vmail
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum