Texas Fishing Forum

Surf Fishing March Galveston

Posted By: outdoorsman916

Surf Fishing March Galveston - 02/21/16 04:53 PM

So im thinking about going down to Galveston over spring break. I would to target sharks,bullred, black drum and jacks. I have an Avet LX 6.0 spooled with 300 yds. of 65lb braid with 150 yds. of 80lb topshot on a custom FTU surf rod. I also have a Penn senator spooled with 440 yds. of 40lb mono and a Penn defiance spooled with 300 yds. of 65lb braid and 80 yds. of 40lb mono. I make casted shark leaders like the ones on Texassharkfishing website. I have also made a few fishfinder rigs. Both of those rigs have 12/0 and 9/0 circle hooks on them. I have various size spider wieghts going up to 10 oz. so I dont think that will be a problem. What kind of bait should I try and use? I have a castnet. My main concern is that I dont have a kayak. How far out should I try to get my bait?
Posted By: TroutSupport.com

Re: Surf Fishing March Galveston - 02/22/16 04:12 PM

Always get it out there as far as you can. Can you cast your rigs past the third bar? If not, you may look at fishing off the Texas City Dike end for Big Uglies.. they should be running there in march.

Bait.. for big uglies, buy some crabs and crack them in half. For sharks on the beach... the bigger and bloodier the better. Big ladyfish or small jacks is what I've heard... any other BtB's on here might be able to tell you more.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum