Texas Fishing Forum

Looking for Airboat Guide Near Galveston

Posted By: C Worthy

Looking for Airboat Guide Near Galveston - 02/05/16 03:02 AM

Does anyone know of a guide that does airboat marsh fishing close to the Galveston / Freeport area. We are having our annual guys trip and think that an airboat redfish trip would be something we would like to do.

Thanks
CW
Posted By: TroutSupport.com

Re: Looking for Airboat Guide Near Galveston - 02/05/16 01:25 PM

That would be pretty freakin fun. I don't know any personally, that doesn't mean they don't exist in Gtown.

Hope you guys have fun, maybe I'll actually make it out one year to hang with you guys. I'll ask around and see if someone knows anyone. There are some guys poling skiffs in the west bay marsh, but havn't heard of airboats being used. I know the are using them MidCoast.
Tobin

Re: Looking for Airboat Guide Near Galveston - 02/05/16 03:34 PM

Tobin, you know you have an open ticket to a hot meal while we are down there. I know I found several that do the fishing around Rockport but I thought I remembered someone advertising here about it one time. I thought they were called like Fin & Feather or something like that. They did duck hunts part of the year and redfish trips during the summer. I think it would be a blast to go back in the back lakes and do some skinny water redfishing. We usually hire Greg Francis (Saltwater Assault)to do some bay fishing for trout while we are there but this year, we would like to add a airboat trip if possible.
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: Looking for Airboat Guide Near Galveston - 02/07/16 03:35 AM

You might call American Airboats located east of Galveston to inquire(800) 241-6390

Re: Looking for Airboat Guide Near Galveston - 02/08/16 01:04 AM

Thanks Ol Man, I will give them a call.
Posted By: TroutSupport.com

Re: Looking for Airboat Guide Near Galveston - 02/09/16 03:54 PM

For sure for sure. I'll see if I can finally make it this year. how many guys go?

There are some shallow water skiff guides... JP Chavez, Steve Soule, and Thomas Barlow. I think most of them fish the west bay and chocolate marsh though, not of lot of people fish the east side marsh.

Re: Looking for Airboat Guide Near Galveston - 02/09/16 05:31 PM

We usually have around 5-6 of us. Lots of laughs and the making of long lasting friendships. As Monty Hall used to say "COME ON DOWN" smile I planned on getting with Capt Ernest off the gnettfishing site. He seems like a really cool guy. I had a trip set up with him last fall but with all the rain, he emailed me and said that the fishing wasn't great then so I liked that. I didn't know that Thomas did marsh trips. He must have another boat besides the one we went in because I know that boat wouldn't go up in the shallows.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum