Texas Fishing Forum

South Padre Island report

Posted By: Capt. Andrew

South Padre Island report - 12/05/15 12:49 AM

Fishing has been great even with our wind and colder temps. Fish have been stacked up in 3-5 mud and shell and along deep water pot holes. Big trout are being caught on Pink Mirrolure shedawgs (custom color I ordered pink with gold) and Paul Brown corky in pink and clown. This next week is going to be killer weather for fishing let me know if you want to book a trip for big trout or a redfish trip. Also snook fishing is going to heat up with the next drop in temps to our waters. Last year at this time we caught over 20 snook on one trip.... Its time to get on them in one of the only places you can get them in Texas. I have dates open if you looking to book a trip I have special winter rates, Message me for pricing. Also Lodging is available.
Posted By: TroutSupport.com

Re: South Padre Island report - 12/08/15 03:01 PM

there you go Andy. Any pics from recent trips?

this week should be good for sure. I'm going to hit matty this friday...I've been deer hunting and ready to get back in the water.
t

Re: South Padre Island report - 12/08/15 07:25 PM

I have some from last weekend. I'm at the house today I think I got some food poisoning yesterday... I was going to fish today... maybe tomorrow.

Re: South Padre Island report - 12/10/15 08:40 PM

Tore snook up today. Landed 6 lost a few and had a bunch of bites. I'll be ready for them next week.
https://www.facebook.com/CaptainAndrewMa...mp;notif_t=like

Re: South Padre Island report - 12/14/15 05:20 PM

Your smoking those snook huh?

Re: South Padre Island report - 12/15/15 08:51 PM

Smoked them again today with a client. 6 over slot and 12 total. All on plastics. His were all on topwaters.
Posted By: fiSherwood

Re: South Padre Island report - 12/16/15 04:41 AM

What's normally hitting down there from the surf or entities?

Re: South Padre Island report - 12/16/15 04:45 PM

from the surf... probably pompano mostly. The trout, snook, and reds are inside.

Re: South Padre Island report - 12/16/15 08:17 PM

I heard pompano were pretty thick. I do not mess with the surf much. I run my boat out and fish rocks for snapper and run the beach for tarpon. I'm not much for sand....
Posted By: fiSherwood

Re: South Padre Island report - 12/22/15 04:01 PM

My wife and I had a great morning trip with Capt Andrew yesterday which resulted in my first-ever common snook and (mangrove) snappers!
He is friendly, knowledgeable, and runs a great charter!
I highly recommend him!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum