Texas Fishing Forum

Please tell me about Venice, Black Bass, Specks and Reds

Posted By: perrypogue

Please tell me about Venice, Black Bass, Specks and Reds - 11/27/15 10:30 PM

I'm retired (for a long time) and I'm thinking of taking off for my first trip to Venice. I watched the pro's run to Venice and catch lots of bass. If I could have a trip where I stood a chance of catching bass, reds and specks, that would be great.

My 16' boat has GPS ... I'm thinking that will keep me from getting lost.

Any advice is appreciated.
Posted By: OldFrog

Re: Please tell me about Venice, Black Bass, Specks and Reds - 11/28/15 10:22 PM

No need to go that far if you dont want to. You can have it all in the Big Lake ( Calcasieu) estuary near Lake Charles.

It's easy to get lost in the Venice area. GPS or not. There are so many water hazards, I wouldnt go without a local, the first time.
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Please tell me about Venice, Black Bass, Specks and Reds - 12/02/15 01:42 PM

We just took a trip and stayed at Bourgeois Charters only about 45 mins south of New Orleans. We had a blast...very nice place and we caught Reds, Trout, Flounder and Bass everyday that we went out. Def would be worth checking into that place, Great food, fishing and people running the place.
Posted By: grescobia

Re: Please tell me about Venice, Black Bass, Specks and Reds - 12/02/15 02:35 PM

ditto on old frog for the first trip get a guide.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum