Texas Fishing Forum

75 miles south of the united states lowrance says "POSITION LOST"

Posted By: Mark's Fence Repair

75 miles south of the united states lowrance says "POSITION LOST" - 07/06/15 05:10 AM

Why would my fish finder do this? I went really far into the gulf of mexico in order for me to have enough gas to make it back I needed my map on my lowrance and the pos says position lost? What the heck? Is it overheating or am I too far from land or what?
Posted By: Allison1

Re: 75 miles south of the united states lowrance says "POSITION LOST" - 07/06/15 05:55 PM

Are you going under an overpass?

Pretty stupid remark. It should work anywhere. We were out 150 miles last year and my handheld read just fine.
I hope you have a compass and I would take a backup anytime I was out past sight of land.
Posted By: Beer Money

Re: 75 miles south of the united states lowrance says "POSITION LOST" - 07/07/15 01:31 AM

I think that I would have done a 180 as soon as I saw that.
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: 75 miles south of the united states lowrance says "POSITION LOST" - 07/07/15 01:40 AM

Means you were in the Bermuda Triangle.

Re: 75 miles south of the united states lowrance says "POSITION LOST" - 07/07/15 03:49 AM

I was at the midnight lump swear to god darn thing made me do a 180 on my way to medusa
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: 75 miles south of the united states lowrance says "POSITION LOST" - 07/07/15 04:24 AM

The midnight lump aint 75 miles south of the US. Its not even 75 miles from shore.
Posted By: lite-liner

Re: 75 miles south of the united states lowrance says "POSITION LOST" - 07/08/15 11:36 AM

neither is Medusa...................

matter of fact you're lucky you didn't get sunk by the Mexican Navy
Posted By: captain steve barnes

Re: 75 miles south of the united states lowrance says "POSITION LOST" - 07/09/15 02:46 AM

Yea and you should read the screen when you first power up your Lowrance. To far from land for gps to work,all I can say is wow.

Re: 75 miles south of the united states lowrance says "POSITION LOST" - 07/24/15 04:43 PM

I am trying to buy a new GPS now any recommendations? I am trying to stay under $2000
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum