Texas Fishing Forum

Boat Shopping for Center Consol

Posted By: ChaserWF

Boat Shopping for Center Consol - 06/27/15 02:36 PM

I am in the market for another boat. Currently i own a small 16' center consol tunnel hull bay boat with a 50 horse motor on it. I am looking to move to much larger boat 20'-23'. I have a little one on the way and want to get larger boat to accommodate the family. I primarily fish deap water in the lakes ( crappie, Striper, white bass) using a trolling motor to hold on structure, but I do run down to the coast about 5-8 times a year. I am not concerned with getting back into the shallow flats of the bay I will be happy with a boat that drafts 12"-14". I really like the designs of Nauticabay Coastal and the Carolina Skiff Ultra Elite because they are a cross between a cruiser and fishing boat which will be great for the family, but I have heard mixed reviews on thes boats. I also really like the Blue Wave Purebay and the Sea Chasers made by Carolina Skiff, but these will not accomidate the family as well. I am asking for input and help so I can make a better decision. If anyone has one of these boats I would love your feedback.
Posted By: militarybrat

Re: Boat Shopping for Center Consol - 06/28/15 02:37 PM

Check out Edgewater boats. They make family friendly C.C. that has deck cushins that are removable really cool boat for fishing and playing.
Posted By: skeeter22

Re: Boat Shopping for Center Consol - 06/28/15 03:26 PM

I know some guides that are running Nautic Stars and really like them. I have a Skeeter Bay Pro and love it.
Posted By: sassyman (hubbard guide)

Re: Boat Shopping for Center Consol - 06/29/15 03:07 PM

check out the 24'seahunt bay model.worth every cent.
Posted By: JFGloor

Re: Boat Shopping for Center Consol - 06/29/15 06:31 PM

I just purchased the purebay 2000 this month. I'd be glad to answer any questions. I went with that boat partly for family reasons, it's just my wife and son though. Plenty big enough for us. Like you, I'm freshwater with occasional trips to the salt.
Posted By: ChaserWF

Re: Boat Shopping for Center Consol - 06/30/15 02:35 AM

Well I am glad I Asked for help on here. I really like the Sea hunt bx br. Love everything about that boat and the price is right. I had not looked at the Sea Hunts before.

Thanks for all the input. I am open to any more input or advice anyone has.
Posted By: Reeladdict15

Re: Boat Shopping for Center Consol - 07/03/15 02:26 PM

Sea hunts!!
Posted By: Retired Fisherman

Re: Boat Shopping for Center Consol - 07/03/15 11:45 PM

I fish similiar to you. I ordered and am waiting delivery of a Bluewave Purebay 2200. I believe it will meet my expectations.
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: Boat Shopping for Center Consol - 07/06/15 12:47 AM

I have run just about every boat at one time or another. Nautic Star has really proven itself. I have owned the 2200 Tournament, a 1910 and currently running the 2110 Shallow Bay. Outstanding boats and much easier on the checkbook than the Ranger and the Skeeter. They are first rate!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum