Texas Fishing Forum

South padre Wade fishing

Posted By: san antonio fj

South padre Wade fishing - 05/27/15 02:36 AM

Im headed to south padre on a short trip from Wed-Fri, Im looking for a few spots to throw some flies that would be good this time of year. I dont need your secret spot just a spot that should have something to cast at lol. Hopefully its not to crowded on the bayside. I snapped my 8wt flyrod screwing around in the yard today and didnt have time to send it in to TFO so I picked a 9wt redington vapen to test out. I hope I do better on the water than I do yard fishin.

Any info would be greatly appreciated
Posted By: Capt. Andrew

Re: South padre Wade fishing - 05/27/15 12:42 PM

Its gonna be a bit windy for a fly rod down here pack a spinner just in case. Shoot me a message and I'll try to line you up with a few spots to walk in wade.

Re: South padre Wade fishing - 05/27/15 02:32 PM

Sounds good, I have to do some business in Brownsville then to the island around 4
Posted By: Aquiles

Re: South padre Wade fishing - 05/28/15 06:57 PM

Please tell me how you do , I'm heading out there on June 12 for a week , My 12 year old nephew is in a contest against his older cousins on who can catch the most fish that week . They are going on a charter but he is nervous on boats so wants to wade fish in the Bay and I want to help him win.

Re: South padre Wade fishing - 05/28/15 09:01 PM

I havent caught anything in the bay yet or seen anything except a ton of mullet, I caught a few skipjack in the surf by beach access 3. Im using a flyrod so you might have better luck in the bay with soft plastics or live bait
Posted By: Aquiles

Re: South padre Wade fishing - 05/28/15 09:48 PM

Have you checked out the area to the right of the convention center , I have often seen people wade fishing out there and they usually have a few trout . There is a tackle shop on Port Isabel , sorry cant remember the name but they are usually willing to give you advice and tips .

Re: South padre Wade fishing - 05/28/15 10:02 PM

Ive been fishing past the convention center around access 4 and 5 on the bayside but was going to check it out tonight
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: South padre Wade fishing - 05/28/15 10:29 PM

I love catching skipjacks on a fly rod. They are tough of leaders though.
Posted By: Fish Art Texas

Re: South padre Wade fishing - 05/29/15 04:00 AM

was there all last week ,fish were biting good up the bay aways we used cork rigs with live shrimp and gulp both were effective good luck with the flies and the wind, you can probably get something to bite!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum