Texas Fishing Forum

Sabine Lake, making a comeback, again

Posted By: Capt. Lindy Hebert

Sabine Lake, making a comeback, again - 05/18/15 03:28 AM

Sabine Lake has been up and down this year. Every time the fishing starts to turn on, some weather event shuts it down. Finally, hopefully the weather can not stop the fish from eating for very long. There is a ton of bait fish coming with all the fresh water. The water color is not good, but that is not unusual for Sabine Lake. Strong south winds have been pushing saltwater back in the lake, even though a lot of fresh water has been coming down the Sabine and Neches Rivers. Sunday afternoon, I took Mrs. Capt. Hebert to catch some Flounder and Redfish (the water does not matter much to them). For twenty minutes, all I heard was how bad the weather is, It is going to rain, it is to windy, on and on. We got to Sabine Pass around 3:00 and the wind was not bad, the rain missed us (for the most part) all afternoon. By 6:00 we had two limits of Redfish, plus some nice Speckled Trout. Caught several Flounder, but all were just under 14". Most of the Reds and Specks were Texas legal. I think we threw back only a couple of Reds and Trout that were under size. We tried to catch some more Specks, but all we were catching were Redfish (darn). We had our limit of Reds, we were lucky enough to dodge all the "bad weather", so we decided to go home. Left the Reds biting, and on the way home, passed by all the standing water on the side of the road (we missed all the rain). Working on my web site, so if you want to go, contact me at Luckylindycharters@yahoo.com, or call at 409-720-8148.
Posted By: omega4

Re: Sabine Lake, making a comeback, again - 06/03/15 03:51 AM

Where did you launch in Sabine Pass?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum