Texas Fishing Forum

Navionics or what

Posted By: Flybuff

Navionics or what - 05/01/15 12:36 AM

Can anyone shed some light on a comprehensive, detailed mapping product that goes into as much detail as possible on low water conditions on the Northern Gulf Coast, say from Rockport area to the Florida border?
I have had the luxury of living in Florida until this year, and have had access to extremely detailed mapping, that goes well beyond what Navionics currently produces.
If anyone has suggestions, I would appreciate the input, and if Navionics is considered the best I can do, so be it. I run a Lowrance HDS12 Touch, and fish mainly near shore, and shallow water flats, although will venture out to the rigs etc. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Navionics or what - 05/01/15 01:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Flybuff
Can anyone shed some light on a comprehensive, detailed mapping product that goes into as much detail as possible on low water conditions on the Northern Gulf Coast, say from Rockport area to the Florida border?
I have had the luxury of living in Florida until this year, and have had access to extremely detailed mapping, that goes well beyond what Navionics currently produces.
If anyone has suggestions, I would appreciate the input, and if Navionics is considered the best I can do, so be it. I run a Lowrance HDS12 Touch, and fish mainly near shore, and shallow water flats, although will venture out to the rigs etc. Thanks in advance.

You can view the current Navionics maps on their website's Web App.
It is updated daily.
Posted By: Flybuff

Re: Navionics or what - 05/01/15 11:25 AM

I did look at the 907+ Platinum map, but was a little disappointed in the amount of detail, particularly in the really tight spots in the shallows and tributaries, where low tide access necessitates pretty good visuals, and to some degree tracking.
I use a custom program designed by a friend of mine in the Lower Keys, and out to the Marquesas which really gives the ultimate in tracking and imagery, not really expecting to find the same level of detail here, as this is a very sophisticated program, but at least finding perhaps an add on to the Navionics Platinum.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum