Texas Fishing Forum

Texas City Dike

Posted By: Peytonator

Texas City Dike - 11/29/12 04:30 PM

Has anyone been out there lately? Thinkin about fishing at the rocks there Saturday and wanted to see if there were any reports/tips.
Posted By: M Squared

Re: Texas City Dike - 11/29/12 10:23 PM

I know this doesnt address your queston...but I have family in Katy and when I go down there I usually always end up fishing the piers in Galveston. I hear a lot about Texas City Dike but have never fished it. Is it better than the Galveston options?

Re: Texas City Dike - 11/29/12 10:37 PM

Depends on what ya wanna do. Galveston has some great beach/jetty, pier, wade fishing and what not. I just wanna change it up a little bit and also bring my rowdy a$$ dog along lol. At the dike you can park and sit right next to your truck and fish, which also means I can attach my dog's leash to the D-ring in my hitch receiver grin
Posted By: AdanV

Re: Texas City Dike - 11/29/12 11:06 PM

Peytonator,

My brother often goes to Texas City Dike.

He last told me (a week ago) that live shrimp under a popping cork rig or Gulp New Penny shrimp is still the best producer.
He often wades or kayaks at Mosquito island.

He invited me to kayak to Pelican island to go after some flounder......starting from the end of the dike.

But......2 miles with that "one" boater that isnt paying attention.....
Posted By: Pferox

Re: Texas City Dike - 11/29/12 11:20 PM

Haven't heard anything in a couple of / few weeks. Last I heard was a few big reds, near the end, but they were few and far between.
Posted By: floundercatcher

Re: Texas City Dike - 11/30/12 03:15 AM

I was there last Sunday.They were catching flounder at the end of the dike on the left side.They were using live shrimp under a float fishing off the rocks.I went in wadefishing with live mullet and caught a limit.This is where the pier at the end used to be.Just follow the road all the way till the end where it curves and you are there.They were also catching some by the tower on the right,but there to many snags.

Re: Texas City Dike - 11/30/12 03:33 PM

Thanks guys I appreciate it, family thing came up so maybe I'll get to go Sunday if at all this weekend! hammer
Posted By: Fishy fishy

Re: Texas City Dike - 11/30/12 07:40 PM

Last monday me and the wife got some nice flounder at the 3mile mark working some tandem swimming mullets tipped with fishbites
hers was 20" and mine was 19"
Posted By: Herbert77060

Re: Texas City Dike - 11/30/12 10:56 PM

Were you on the right side or the left side (heading toward the end of the pier)? If you fished the right side how do you fish that area without getting hung up?

Originally Posted By: Fishy fishy
Last monday me and the wife got some nice flounder at the 3mile mark working some tandem swimming mullets tipped with fishbites
hers was 20" and mine was 19"
Posted By: Fishy fishy

Re: Texas City Dike - 12/02/12 02:23 AM

we were fishing the left side next to the boat ramp...i stopped trying to fish the right side and when i do i work my bait fast and bounce it vigorously so i miss all the rocks
Posted By: Galveston340

Re: Texas City Dike - 12/02/12 03:46 AM

....heard a couple of reports this past week of several 7+ pound Flounder being landed off the north side of the end. Between the boat launch and where the rocks end.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum