Texas Fishing Forum

Need suggestions on South Padre Fishing

Posted By: Turbomax97

Need suggestions on South Padre Fishing - 04/26/06 12:38 AM

Hey guys, looking for suggestions on deep sea fishing at south padre. I went with Osprey last time and had a pretty bad experience.

I'm looking at Dolphin Docks and would probably do the 5 hour trip if I went with them - any opinions?

We have about 6 people fishing, and wouldn't mind getting into some tuna either..... any opinions are welcome.
Posted By: Bill Fisher

Re: Need suggestions on South Padre Fishing - 04/26/06 12:52 PM

when?

Re: Need suggestions on South Padre Fishing - 04/26/06 04:51 PM

june 7-11, we'd like to go on either the 9th or 10th
Posted By: Bill Fisher

Re: Need suggestions on South Padre Fishing - 04/26/06 11:24 PM

I've never been out on a charter like the Osprey, and really don't know what ta tell'ya

didn't mean be nosey, but i was just wondering if i'd be down there at the same time and i had thought about making an offer,.......... but your 7-11, 9th or 10th date is too small o'window for me to extend the offer in advance of your trip

my boat's down there, and considered checking to see if y'all mighta want to share in the price o'fuel for an offshore trip, but would have to cancel if the seas were too rough

i'll be there all summer, so i see no point in going out except on the best of days,...... especially at today's fuel prices

just wouldn't be right for you to count on me (or the seas) on that short o'trip

BTW, if you want tuna on a 5 hour trip, think speed when you're lining sumpin up

there should be someone here that'll be able recommend other boats......... sorry i couldn't help

good luck!

Re: Need suggestions on South Padre Fishing - 05/08/06 01:13 AM

Actually - we decided against going tuna fishing - the price is wayyyy too high.

We'll be taking dolphin docks either on their 5 hour or full day trip... not sure yet.....

Any tips on how to catch red snapper on the usual squid/ mullet?.... I'm used to fishing for bass and crappie :-P
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum