Texas Fishing Forum

61 st fishing pier

Posted By: bullredman

61 st fishing pier - 02/08/10 01:34 PM

Good news from along the beach front; the first of our beach-front fishing piers has begun reconstruction.

John Menna, owner of the 61st Street Fishing Pier, called Friday to let me know how excited he was to have a piling barge begin work on his new fishing pier.

Menna said the commencement of the project was long overdue and had been delayed by the regulatory approval process. He said the new pier would be quite an upgrade over the old one.

An elevator will be installed for the physically disadvantaged, and that alone will be good news for many of our readers. He said it would be several months before the pier is complete. He hopes to be back in business by Memorial Day weekend.
Posted By: Kattelyn

Re: 61 st fishing pier - 02/08/10 02:34 PM

Sweet!!! Oh Happy Day! Something other than seawolf! banana
Posted By: Roofish

Re: 61 st fishing pier - 02/08/10 05:21 PM

That place holds many a childhood memories for me, my Dad, God Rest His Soul would spend all night with me out there. Once caught a 7' Hammerhead
Posted By: eksda

Re: 61 st fishing pier - 02/09/10 07:04 AM

this is great news. i knew 2 weeks ago that the bids for electrical had gone out my neighbor was a meeting when the contracts went out. now only if the pier at 91st wouold come back. the company that has the contract for the 61st also has the contract for the 91 st so we may get both piers. i hope so and as much fun as i had catching fish at bob hall pier in corpus this is about 3 hours closer for me.
Posted By: OldFrog

Re: 61 st fishing pier - 02/10/10 09:34 PM

Yay !
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum