Texas Fishing Forum

Port Mansfield at the end of this month. Any suggestions?

Posted By: Thunk

Port Mansfield at the end of this month. Any suggestions? - 07/15/18 07:07 AM

Fished a lot of the Texas coast, just not here. Know how to catch most and inshore and surf fish. Ideas?
Posted By: smooth move

Re: Port Mansfield at the end of this month. Any suggestions? - 07/15/18 01:14 PM

almost everything inshore is skinny. tops and swim baits. offshore rigs are close and seas should be flat, so make a run out there one day. it's going to be HOT!
Posted By: TimeToWreckEM

Re: Port Mansfield at the end of this month. Any suggestions? - 07/18/18 03:54 AM

It depends on what kind of boat you have as mentioned very shallow bay system.

Re: Port Mansfield at the end of this month. Any suggestions? - 07/18/18 04:26 PM

I have a 16ft. Ski Barge center console. 12 in. Draft. Can I make it out to any structure in the big water in my boat?
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Port Mansfield at the end of this month. Any suggestions? - 07/18/18 05:27 PM

No.
Posted By: Marc-62

Re: Port Mansfield at the end of this month. Any suggestions? - 07/18/18 05:52 PM

Would I try it in a 16 ft. Ski Barge " No" . You can run around the east cut their is plenty of fish of all varieties . You can buy croakers & soak them up at the oaks, cast net mullet & shiners go down south & fish the islands. Plenty of places to fish just keep up with your fuel & oil if you're two stroke.

Re: Port Mansfield at the end of this month. Any suggestions? - 07/19/18 03:48 AM

Thanks guys. Seemed quite daunting to me even in calm seas. I'll carry extra fuel and my engine oil is a precision blend already topped off.

Re: Port Mansfield at the end of this month. Any suggestions? - 07/19/18 03:49 AM

Jetties are doable right? Bout nine Mile run?
Posted By: Marc-62

Re: Port Mansfield at the end of this month. Any suggestions? - 07/19/18 10:57 AM

Yes jetties should be very doable. Yea I think it's more like 7 miles , just go out of the harbor stay in the marked channel & head east.
Posted By: Wiki

Re: Port Mansfield at the end of this month. Any suggestions? - 07/25/18 02:13 PM

caught lots of fish (trout and reds) this past week on the community bar. Also fished I think what they called west bay. Lots of fish. Bigger fish on the bar.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum