Texas Fishing Forum

Venice trip suggestions

Posted By: John A.

Venice trip suggestions - 06/21/18 12:58 AM

Hello everyone,

We are planning a bachelor party for by best friend and we have settled on going to Venice in September. We are all avid fisherman and want to have a memorable trip. I got a few questions for those who have been down there.

Do y'all recommend a specific guide down there? We will have a party of 6 to 8 so we may need multiple guides/boats. We hope to stay generally inshore.

What's the best place to stay? We would prefer cabins or a house.

Anything additional we need to consider and plan for down there?

Thanks
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Venice trip suggestions - 06/21/18 03:33 AM

https://www.paradise-plus.com/

Anthony can take care of you

ask for Buddy to be on your trip he is also a great guide.
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Venice trip suggestions - 06/21/18 04:19 PM

I've been wanting to stay at this place.

http://porteads.com

As for the guides, be ready to spend. They are the most expensive guides in the US.

Also, if you can wait a few months, November is better fishing.
Posted By: J-SPENCER

Re: Venice trip suggestions - 06/21/18 04:39 PM

venice fishing lodge
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Venice trip suggestions - 06/21/18 05:25 PM

Don't know if he's still guiding, but I had the fishing trip of my life with Captain Hoop September 2014.

It was bull red after bull red on just about every cast until my arms exploded, then went inshore for keepers. Captain Hoop 504-247-8459
Posted By: Bruce Colby

Re: Venice trip suggestions - 06/24/18 03:30 AM

Check out the www.chandeleur-islander.com especially if you enjoy wade fishing. Won't need a guide every day.
Posted By: Leonardo1

Re: Venice trip suggestions - 06/24/18 06:15 AM

Reel Tite. Nice lodge and great people
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Venice trip suggestions - 06/24/18 01:33 PM

Originally Posted By: J.P. Greeson
I've been wanting to stay at this place.

http://porteads.com

As for the guides, be ready to spend. They are the most expensive guides in the US.

Also, if you can wait a few months, November is better fishing.

I second port Eads, been there, the facilities are remarkable.. It's setup perfectly for the size party you have.
It's maybe 1/2 mile from the south jettys.. You can arrange pickup by guides or they can set you up.. The food is prepared by Chef's daily.. Really cool place, if you take your own boats they have a marina behind the lodge to slip your boats and fuel.. You park your vehicle in a designated area there is a shuttle to and from...
Posted By: smooth move

Re: Venice trip suggestions - 06/24/18 01:52 PM

Pt Eads is great, but isolated. if you stay at or near Venice Marina or Cypress Cove, look into the houseboat, Ms Lou, very nice and affordable. just 50 or 60 yards from the marina. i think they have a web site. look up Ms Lou, Venice, La.
Posted By: Griffin Fishing

Re: Venice trip suggestions - 06/28/18 09:31 PM

Hey John!

If you are still considering your options for your Bachelor Party Trip, we would love to host you! Griffin Fishing Charters & Lodge is located in Lafitte, Louisiana, only about 30 minutes from Downtown New Orleans and home of impeccable inshore redfishing. We offer all-inclusive packages priced per person/per day. We provide your meals in our Cajun Cookhouse, lodging in a private 1, 2, or 3-bedroom suite at the waterfront Griffin Lodge (fully renovated this past winter), and of course, your fishing charters. We have 4 full-time guides at the lodge who always enjoy bachelor party trips! Check out our website and facebook to see what we're all about. If you have any questions or are interested in pricing, shoot me an email!

Caitlin Partin
Lodge Manager
info@griffinfishing.com
Griffin Fishing Website
Griffin Fishing Facebook
Posted By: Trunkful

Re: Venice trip suggestions - 07/05/18 11:31 PM

Captain Eddie Burger, Fish Venice Charters

Charles Theologos... Rooster Den, great houseboat, great guy..... In Venice....
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Venice trip suggestions - 07/06/18 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Trunkful
Captain Eddie Burger, Fish Venice Charters

Charles Theologos... Rooster Den, great houseboat, great guy..... In Venice....

Roosters den is a nice houseboat at Venice Marina. We have stayed there the last two years. It can sleep 8. It's clean and well taken care of. Decent amount of room. Guides can pick you up right for the porch. Staying at the Marina gives you some entertainment when they bring the fish in from afternoon to late evening. You can drink at the bar and watch. Food at the restaurant is decent.

I would definitely recommend staying at the marina at a houseboat instead of away from the Marina. Houseboats run in the $300 a night range. If you haven't ever been there it's not what people think in terms of house boats. These are homes placed on barges.

Guides aren't cheap. We take our own boats when we go.

For offshore I would recommend Paradise Outfitters but there are a lot of other choices as well. You know need to go offshore for a day. I don't have a inshore recommendation.
Posted By: smooth move

Re: Venice trip suggestions - 07/06/18 02:10 AM

google Ms. Lou houseboat. very nice and only 100 yds from the marina. the best i've stayed in.
Posted By: McCloud

Re: Venice trip suggestions - 07/06/18 04:05 PM

I will second Venice Fishing Lodge. Chef, guides, ALL inclusive!
Posted By: jnd59

Re: Venice trip suggestions - 07/07/18 01:43 AM

If you go offshore for Tuna, make sure you bring plenty of ice chests or plan on shipping your fish. I had a 125 and a 50 and still ended up buying styrofoam chests at the marina for 20 a pop. You will end up with a lot of Tuna. Last time i went it was with Superstrike Charters. That was several years ago.
Posted By: Jack46

Re: Venice trip suggestions - 07/07/18 11:34 AM

We usually stay here: Venice Houseboat Rentals, LLC, select the houseboat you would like to rent and view the dates which are available. https://www.venicehouseboatrentalsllc.com/

They have 7-8 houseboats to pick from, great locations, in Venice Marina, plenty ice, all the amenities of home. **The beds are very comfortable!

504-669-0391
flewisno@aol.com
Posted By: Trunkful

Re: Venice trip suggestions - 07/07/18 08:05 PM

Originally Posted By: jnd59
If you go offshore for Tuna, make sure you bring plenty of ice chests or plan on shipping your fish. I had a 125 and a 50 and still ended up buying styrofoam chests at the marina for 20 a pop. You will end up with a lot of Tuna. Last time i went it was with Superstrike Charters. That was several years ago.

Wisdom...

cheers
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Venice trip suggestions - 07/08/18 12:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Trunkful
Originally Posted By: jnd59

Wisdom...

cheers

That's what I'd do for sure..
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum