Texas Fishing Forum

Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board?

Posted By: TroutSupport.com

Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 05/22/18 03:27 PM

How many Galveston Bay Inshore bay fisherman here on the board? I know we get a mix of both beach, jetty, pier, and bay fisherman.. just wondering on the specifics for Galveston for Bay fishermen... shout out if you are.
Posted By: smooth move

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 05/22/18 05:02 PM

me!
Posted By: Darkarcher159

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 05/27/18 03:41 AM

me too
Posted By: ACAMS

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 05/27/18 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: smooth move
me!

Isn't bayou vista,tx right by Hitchcock,Tx.?

I will be in Hitchcock Aug 13th - 19th and need tips on good places to fish for keeper eaters?
I usually fish the little shallow channel behind our rental and the fish are too small to keep.
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 05/29/18 03:57 PM

I fish all over the West End, Chocolate mostly.

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 06/08/18 02:32 PM

What? there's five of us ;-) That's huge.. Maybe 1 on of your runs a Lowrance GPS unit on the boat?
Posted By: mopps

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 06/18/18 02:18 PM

Gonna be way in the West Bay area by San Luis beach . I will be trying live shrimp and swimbaits. First time saltwater fishing any tips?

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 06/25/18 04:45 PM

I've got a new GPS product for Galveston Bay users that have a Lowrance or Simrad. I'm working on the Garmin, Hummingbird, and Ray files next.

Reef Recon.. For those that want to check it out.. just go to my website http://troutsupport.com/, there is a banner for Reef Recon on the top of the main page.

As for West Bay tips.. it's seasonal. Spring from Late february - The end of May or early June is good on shorelines holing baitfish. The flats of the upper part of the pass are also good (be careful and wear a pfd anytime near the pass or the flats of the pass), and so is Christmas Bay south shoreline. Small topwaters, suspending plugs, and softplastics. Theres a lot more to it than that of course, for now fish where you find bait on structure with current and if you want to know more PM me. It sounds easy, but it AINT. Anyone that tells you that there method is easy is feeding you a line of.. it takes time and knowledge to be consistent in producing solid results in the bays.
Posted By: FishTex

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 06/27/18 02:51 AM

Grew up fishing West Bay and spend a week every summer hammering trout and reds down there. Looking forward to the end of July when I will be down there again sight casting reds and catching quality trout under a popping cork with piggy perch. I just hope the ladyfish are not prevalent this year. They are fun but are hell on tackle and not worth eating. Seems like every year I am seeing more and more stingrays and some larger sharks coming up into the shallows to eat the stingrays. Glad I fish from the boat... smile
Posted By: JohnButte

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 06/29/18 05:29 PM

Love the pier fishing. Sit and drink beer under the lights at night and wait for fish to come to me.
Posted By: JackMason

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 06/29/18 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By: FishTex
Grew up fishing West Bay and spend a week every summer hammering trout and reds down there. Looking forward to the end of July when I will be down there again sight casting reds and catching quality trout under a popping cork with piggy perch. I just hope the ladyfish are not prevalent this year. They are fun but are hell on tackle and not worth eating. Seems like every year I am seeing more and more stingrays and some larger sharks coming up into the shallows to eat the stingrays. Glad I fish from the boat... smile

I grew up fishing West Bay too! Living in Plano now, but make back down several times a year for fishing trips. It's a haul with the both though! Looks like I'll just miss you. I'll be there 7th thru 14th of August. Staying in Sea Isle which I usually do every year. Good luck on your trip and send me a report if you wouldn't mind.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 07/02/18 02:56 PM

Me.......Hello Tobin
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 07/08/18 02:32 AM

Originally Posted By: TroutSupport.com
I've got a new GPS product for Galveston Bay users that have a Lowrance or Simrad. I'm working on the Garmin, Hummingbird, and Ray files next.

Reef Recon.. For those that want to check it out.. just go to my website http://troutsupport.com/, there is a banner for Reef Recon on the top of the main page.

As for West Bay tips.. it's seasonal. Spring from Late february - The end of May or early June is good on shorelines holing baitfish. The flats of the upper part of the pass are also good (be careful and wear a pfd anytime near the pass or the flats of the pass), and so is Christmas Bay south shoreline. Small topwaters, suspending plugs, and softplastics. Theres a lot more to it than that of course, for now fish where you find bait on structure with current and if you want to know more PM me. It sounds easy, but it AINT. Anyone that tells you that there method is easy is feeding you a line of.. it takes time and knowledge to be consistent in producing solid results in the bays.

Patiently waiting for the Humminbird compatible map card.... cheers
Posted By: TXanalogkd

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 07/08/18 02:19 PM

I fish fresh water during the winter/spring and hit the salt usually after May. During the summer months, I'll fish E Galveston bay, jetties, and Bolivar. After Sept, I'll fish W Galveston Bay.

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 07/24/18 02:39 PM

That's funny, I started doing the opposite.. I hit the bays starting Sept and fish thru end of May or a little in June.

Here was cool revelation from a Reef Recon customer on combining the use of sonar with Reef Recon to figure out how many boats area on a reef before heading over there... here's the post he sent me in a PM. The red streaks are the boats he's talking about, the dark polygon is what Reef Recon shows on a Lowrance and Simrad model. Working on the other brands right now but it's slow going.

Posted By: Captain Cody

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 07/26/18 02:45 PM

I fish west bay. Youll see me out there in a Black/ white 21' Kenner center console. Like fishing around the tip of sportsmans road to Deer island and around Confederate Reef.
Posted By: East Bay Guide Jeff Brandon

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 07/27/18 09:59 PM

East Bay and would be interested once you have a product that works with HB. I have purchased your videos previously.

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 07/30/18 02:11 PM

Good to know guys.

Thanks Catsalesman. We'll try to keep everyone posted of when that gets done. It's a huge file and takeing a bit to do. Awaiting test comments from a small portion right now.
Posted By: trout yakin

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 08/06/18 09:28 AM

I am Tobin!!

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 08/06/18 01:58 PM

Awesome TroutYakin!
Posted By: TrueTexan

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 08/17/18 06:21 PM

aye.

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 08/18/18 05:28 PM

Me.......

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 08/18/18 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By: V-Bottom
Me.......

G-town area
Posted By: Wishing fishing

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 08/24/18 04:41 PM

Me too

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 10/17/18 03:10 PM

Awesome... I'm working on the Garmin and hummingbird files.. big reformat process for a file that is over 60,000 waypoints.

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 11/08/18 03:15 PM

Just finished redrawing Chocolate Bay shallow reefs. On to the next area... man it's slow going. I'll keep you guys posted.
Posted By: Diablosandwich

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 11/11/18 02:05 PM

Please include me. Thanks.

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 11/13/18 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Diablosandwich
Please include me. Thanks.

Will do Diablo!!!

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 11/18/18 08:11 PM

A new Reef Recon customer, Crieghton Larkin of Galveston, I helped him load Reef Recon onto his Hook 2 just a minute ago... his response after seeing it after the load "Holy ********* [censored], You did ALL THIS? This is ************ AWESOME!!!!"

LOL I'm loving guys responses to when they install Reef Recon.
Posted By: tamucc2004

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 11/19/18 07:15 PM

Yes another patiently waiting angler for the Garmin supported files. I primarily fish Baffin to North of Rockport but was displaced after Harvey to Houston so wanting to learn some waters around Galveston for some closer to home fishing!

I have used the TroutSupport videos and lures to great success. Good info and always learning something new!
Posted By: fishon2

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 11/23/18 12:29 PM

I live near and fish Galveston Bay weekly, and offshore deep-water in the summer, but I also love Bass and Striper fishing in Texas lakes!

I might be interested in the Garmin version.
Posted By: Stickchunker

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 11/24/18 08:51 PM

Present! (West Bay)

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 11/30/18 04:38 PM

Here's a screenshot from a guy that just came in monday

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Ya'll holla if I can be of any help with anything. I'll be steadily working on the Garmin, 'Bird, et al. file until it's done.

Re: Galveston Bay - How many inshore bay fishermen on the board? - 01/04/19 03:10 PM

Happy New Year Guys... looking forward to fishing this year. Don't let the rain and fresh water conditions deter you from fishing Galveston Bay. There are still areas that are quite fishable and that fresh water is going to concentrate fish so that can be a good thing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum