Texas Fishing Forum

Sabine Lake

Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Sabine Lake - 05/03/18 07:47 PM

Looking for any available info on Sabine Lake and surrounding areas. Tips, tricks, areas to focus on, baits... any info would be appreciated.

Heading down towards the end of the month and I've only been 1 other time years ago. Don't think we ever did much more than fish around the ship channel.

Also looking at fishing the jetties. How are they like fishing compared to a Port O'Connor jetty?

We will be staying down in Sabine Pass.
Posted By: JackCaster

Re: Sabine Lake - 05/04/18 03:12 AM

Go to youtube and search for DDFishing. Sort them by date. Daniel lives down there and fishes all around Sabine with his friends. His videos are pretty cool to watch...

Re: Sabine Lake - 05/04/18 03:09 PM

Thanks will do
Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: Sabine Lake - 05/07/18 03:13 PM

Texas bayou.

You can launch at chicken crossing

Re: Sabine Lake - 05/08/18 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By: MrRoachie
Texas bayou.

I'll check that out
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Sabine Lake - 05/08/18 09:34 PM

If winds are light the jetties should be good by end of May. Also north end of the lake around birds or pods of shad.

Re: Sabine Lake - 05/09/18 02:12 AM

Thanks Jaret
Posted By: JKib

Re: Sabine Lake - 05/13/18 05:21 PM

North end is still very fresh, not too much happening. South is hot right now, jerk baits and twitch baits

Re: Sabine Lake - 05/13/18 09:25 PM

Thanks
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Sabine Lake - 05/17/18 02:25 AM

Originally Posted By: 1ShotNoKills
Thanks
if you put in at the Causeway there's a world of fishing between the lower end of the lake and the Jetties... that's a good place to be
Posted By: JKib

Re: Sabine Lake - 05/17/18 10:47 AM

Fished the jetties Tuesday and brought home a couple reds, but also caught some other "fun" fish. Sharks were eve

rywhere and all were caught on artificial.

Re: Sabine Lake - 05/17/18 05:56 PM

Awesome! Thanks for the info.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Sabine Lake - 05/23/18 05:04 AM

Any trout showing up yet?
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Sabine Lake - 05/26/18 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By: 1ShotNoKills
Originally Posted By: MrRoachie
Texas bayou.

I'll check that out

Chicken Crossing. Man, I haven't thought of that place in years. Memories.
Posted By: mark canfield

Re: Sabine Lake - 05/27/18 01:21 PM

My son and I go down and fish the lake 2 a year. We almost fish entirely in Texas Bayou. The fishing in there requires a moving tide (best is outgoing) but ANY moving water will do. When tide becomes slack go out to main lake and look for bird hitting the water.We mostly throw Gulp jerk baits 4-6" ,white or new penny or LSU colors,purple with chartreuse tail. The other bait is the gulp 3 or 4" shrimp,hollow or full. If water is dark. Fish with the LSU colors.The better the water clarity the lighter color lure. We catch mostly reds in here but have caught trout up to 6lbs. If you want flounder just pull up in e deep hole and use a 1/8 jig head with a gulp 2" curly tail tipped with a small piece of dead shrimp on it and drag it slowly across the bottom. You will also catch a lot of crocker and hard head catfish. But fun to do if you don't want to make a long run back out to the lake and look for birds.
We always stay at the Sabine pass Inn,Rooms are like staying in a motel 6.But a good shower and a comfortable bed. The price went up this spring from %57.00 per night to $75.00 but all in all ok. Prices in Port Arthur are outrageous . Good fishing .Mark
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum