Texas Fishing Forum

43rd Annual Houston Fishing Show

Posted By: Grinder55

43rd Annual Houston Fishing Show - 02/28/18 12:39 PM

Anybody going ?

Re: 43rd Annual Houston Fishing Show - 03/02/18 01:48 PM

Well, ... since no one on TFF is going, I will take some pics and post them up when I get back.

Re: 43rd Annual Houston Fishing Show - 03/03/18 12:43 PM

A crew of anglers from Rockport will be headed to Houston today to see "what's up" at the 2018 43rd ANNUAL Houston Fishing Show.

Look forward to checking out some new soft plastics that have been developed from Fish Bite that I am told are like the Gulp! that are so effective ...

and some 3LD Lures soft plastics - Pete's Sunrise that is being introduced by them and looks like a big trout lure.

I'll give a report when I get back with some pics.
Posted By: smooth move

Re: 43rd Annual Houston Fishing Show - 03/03/18 02:06 PM

this is the first time in 25 yrs that i didn't go to the boat show or the fishing show. just didn't get that excited about it this year. i don't buy anything anymore, other than a trinket or a filet knife or something like that. just walk around looking at the same old stuff and drinking very expensive beer. maybe i'm just bummed out this year. anyhoo, have fun and let us know how it goes.

Re: 43rd Annual Houston Fishing Show - 03/03/18 02:11 PM

I understand smooth move.

I've been asked to be Guest Speaker @ Booth 655 from Noon - 3 pm introducing the TEXAS RATTLER™, so I am pretty excited to present the U-Lock™ I have invented to go on it.

I got a crew of Rockport anglers headed there with me, so they will be checking out gear n' stuff also.

Good times ahead of us today !!!
Posted By: nehntr

Re: 43rd Annual Houston Fishing Show - 03/03/18 06:20 PM

When is it over. I didn’t know there was a show. I may go on Sunday if it is still happening

Re: 43rd Annual Houston Fishing Show - 03/04/18 04:43 AM

nehntr,

Last day is tomorrow.

Had a BLAST today seeing some old contacts and making some new friends.

I like the texture of the 3JD Lures and a color that Jim, the owner of 3JD Lures calls "Pete's Sunrise".

I was also impressed with the Chickenboy soft plastics and how well they rig up on a TEXAS RATTLER™ jig, so I have some news toys to play with on the ol' SaltH20.

Posted By: photofishin

Re: 43rd Annual Houston Fishing Show - 03/04/18 11:25 AM

I went Friday and reconnected with my buddy Terry who owns Underwater Green fishing lights. The one thing I was disappointed with was the lack of things for kids to do like at the boat show. Supposed to take my 4 year old nephew today because he's absolutely ate up with the fishing bug...but figured there might be at least a kid fish or something...but nothing I saw. Guess I'll just let him climb around on the new boats.

Re: 43rd Annual Houston Fishing Show - 03/05/18 08:41 PM

Wanted to test out some soft plastics obtained at the 43 Annual Houston Fishing Show on Saturday.

After getting all the "honey-do's" completed yesterday, I decided I was going fishin' even if there wasn't much daylight left in the day.

Did a quick wade from 5:00 pm to dusk with one of my son's friends, since my son was working.

Hit an area that held both shell reef and grass beds close by, so Tim hit the grass beds and I fished the reef.

Tide change was 4:00 pm to a high tide, but with a double tide in effect Sunday, there was no significant tidal movement.

About 5:30 pm Tim landed the only fish worthy of a pic and the honor of making the stringer.

The 1/8 oz. TEXAS RATTLER Black/GoldEye rigged with a Chickenboy "Chicken-of-the C" 4" shrimp soft plastic is the combo that this nice flounder hit.

Notice how the U-Lock™ locking device on the TEXAS RATTLER™ holds the soft plastic in place from a vicious sharp-toothed flounder without tearing it like a conventional jighead locking device - like a wire or lead prong - would do to your soft plastic.

Not much bait activity as darkness closed in so we headed to house the since we had scratched the 'fishin' itch' for the day.

Re: 43rd Annual Houston Fishing Show - 03/05/18 10:12 PM

On the 3rd pic of the Flounder ,,, Look into the GOLD EYE on this pic and you can see how powerful the reflection capability is with the diamond cut glass eyes I use on the TEXAS RATTLER™ - you can see the anglers hand and camera taking the photograph .. now is that cool or what ? cool
Posted By: nehntr

Re: 43rd Annual Houston Fishing Show - 03/07/18 01:29 AM

Made it to the show on Sunday. I helped support several businesses with all the money I spent. Fishing is getting more expensive than hunting pollo

Re: 43rd Annual Houston Fishing Show - 03/07/18 02:31 PM

I sure understand that nehntr.

10 years ago an angler would get 10 soft plastisc per bag at $5.00/bag

Today an angler gets 6 soft plastics per bag at $5.00 bag.

That's why I invented the U-Lock™ to put on the TEXAS RATTLER™ - to save anglers $$$ on their soft plastics.

And if you are a Dad, you may be buying soft plastics for your kids also, so it can get expensive.

Catch more fish and save money doing it - that's what the TEXAS RATTLER™ jigs will do for an angler.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum