Texas Fishing Forum

Recommendations for Cozumel Bill Fishing???

Posted By: garychappell

Recommendations for Cozumel Bill Fishing??? - 02/06/18 12:16 PM

Taking a cruise in May. We’ll be in Cozumel on May 25. The ship arrives at 7a and departs at 5p. I’m looking to go after bill fish. Will have a party of 4 to 6. Any recommendations? Warnings are also appreciated. smile Thanks in advance!
Posted By: Bonehead1

Re: Recommendations for Cozumel Bill Fishing??? - 02/06/18 12:28 PM

Most likely will not find billfish in the area, but any of the smaller fish tuna, wahoo, dolphin etc should be available. Biggest problem is your time restriction. Search online and book now if possible, it will be hard to find a book a good boat and captain after you get there.
Posted By: garychappell

Re: Recommendations for Cozumel Bill Fishing??? - 02/19/18 01:56 AM

Thanks for the feedback!
Posted By: smooth move

Re: Recommendations for Cozumel Bill Fishing??? - 02/19/18 03:47 AM

for me, too many things could go wrong in that time span and missing the boat at 5 pm is out of the question. just shop some and go to Carlos and Charlies and drink.
last time we took a cruise and laid over in Cozumel, i swore i'd never do it again. next time, i'll just fly there and do a couple dive trips and party at night. when 5 pm was approaching, we were just starting to have a good time. real buzz buster.
Posted By: 1Fisher77316

Re: Recommendations for Cozumel Bill Fishing??? - 02/20/18 09:50 PM

Heck plenty of light tackle fishing available either DIY or with assorted guides. They can put you on bonefish and have you back at the docks by 3 or 4 PM easy. Lots of fun too.
Tight lines
1Fisher77316
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum