Texas Fishing Forum

Mississippie

Posted By: Champion1

Mississippie - 05/11/16 06:45 PM

not sure if this is the right section or not. Bought a boat in Mississippi and they don't have titles for the boat or motor only title for the trailer which is opposite of texas. The guy never registered it in Mississippt and texas wont issue me titles til I prove ownership by him. What do I do now?
Posted By: BigRM

Re: Mississippie - 05/11/16 11:10 PM

Scroll down to titles section, or call TPDW...
Texas Parks and Wildlife
Posted By: RecLending.com

Re: Mississippie - 06/03/16 04:07 PM

Be sure you at least have a Bill of Sale between you and the seller. Most states will make an allowance when something comes from a state where a different item is titled. That can change based on the office or even the person you get at the state office. We find sometimes the requirements change even from person to person in the same state office. Makes it kind of a moving target. Every boat, motor and trailer gets an MSO (manufacturer statement of origin) when it is built. Those docs should be around someplace since they would not have been switched for a title. Mississippi has what is called an "optional title" for boat and engine. That NORMALLY means that if there is a loan. the lender would want that option. I know when we do loans in that state, we do the title work.

Always best to have the conversation with your state on the requirements.
Let us know if we can help.
Ken
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum