Texas Fishing Forum

Trading a motorcycle at a dealer?

Posted By: wlgorman

Trading a motorcycle at a dealer? - 06/30/15 05:27 PM

Kind of a silly question. Will a boat dealer take a trade on a motorcycle? I doubt it, but its worth a shot. Im wanting to get another boat, and having trouble selling my Harley before I look at boats. Still has a lien, so it would require a bit of paperwork. If I could unload this bike there are alot of boats on TFF that I would jump on today.
Posted By: timbertoes

Re: Trading a motorcycle at a dealer? - 06/30/15 07:37 PM

any luck with bike dealers taking it for the lien amount ? at least you would be clear of it.
Posted By: wlgorman

Re: Trading a motorcycle at a dealer? - 06/30/15 08:42 PM

Yeah, im getting close to accepting their offer, but I think I can sell it for more. They arent close to market value. Im fighting the urge as I know I should wait it out.
Posted By: timbertoes

Re: Trading a motorcycle at a dealer? - 06/30/15 09:07 PM

Yep, they have to make a very decent profit on it.
And they have the advantage of being able to offer instant financing to buyers.
At least you have that option for you, and with so many lake ramps closed maybe boat sellers are more "motivated" to sell smile
Posted By: RecLending.com

Re: Trading a motorcycle at a dealer? - 07/16/15 02:15 PM

Originally Posted By: wlgorman
Yeah, im getting close to accepting their offer, but I think I can sell it for more. They arent close to market value. Im fighting the urge as I know I should wait it out.

Selling things on your own also includes having people you don't know at your home looking. You then have the finance wait. Test drives and all that goes with that. Sometimes taking a bit less can avoid a bunch of hassle.
Thank you,
Ken
(517) 930-2721 - Cell
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum