Texas Fishing Forum

Soft credit pulls.

Posted By: RecLending.com

Soft credit pulls. - 12/01/17 06:48 PM

We have always had the option to do a "soft credit pull" in selected cases. This allows us to look at a credit bureau for an estimate with no mark on the customers bureau. The old system was a bit complicated and was very slow. As of now, ALL the credit pulls we do here are soft pulls.
I am a believer that MOST people have a general idea what their credit bureau looks like. With this tool, the credit pull we do will not show up and nothing dropped from a point standing.
Hey - for us in this business, it's a big deal.
The place to start is our website - www.reclending.com. Click on the Finance tab then Application.
Let us know how we can help.
Thank you,
Ken, Todd and the RecLending group.
Posted By: Duma

Re: Soft credit pulls. - 12/04/17 01:56 AM

Wow!! I was just reading about that how every time we apply for a loan/credit and the creditor pull our credit reports and cause a drop in our credit score ( hard pull ) That is great that you can check our credits and result in a soft pull. Anyway, Thanks a MILLION Ken !! When everyone else turns me down for a boat loan you made it happen.
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Soft credit pulls. - 12/17/17 02:06 PM

You can also sign up for Credit Karma and check your credit score with no ill effect. And it's free.

Re: Soft credit pulls. - 12/18/17 03:28 PM

Not picking on Credit Karma but remember, you get what you pay for. We talk to people often that use one of MANY free services and we see scores all over the map. Often the services are "auto enhanced" meaning the scoring can be a bit skewed. Credit services are mostly geared for auto loan business. They will tend to score more points for a standard auto loan than some other bureau services.
There has to be a reason why a company just offers a free service. I would imagine the people that work there need to be paid as well. Not exactly sure how they get paid. Another thing to remember is that bureau scores can vary from one to the other. Each of the three major bureaus score thing differently. If they match, it's a fluke.
It basically comes down to what is on the bureau.
This could go on all day but PLEASE JUST BE CAREFUL where you post your information and how much weight you put into things that are free.
Thank you,
Ken
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Soft credit pulls. - 12/20/17 04:59 PM

Are the scores from your credit card companies very reliable?

Re: Soft credit pulls. - 12/20/17 09:05 PM

Originally Posted By: 44 Diesel
Are the scores from your credit card companies very reliable?

As reliable as credit scores can be. You can pull all three at the exact same time - if you get two scores to match, it's a fluke.
We even see different scores on the same bureau pulled from two different places. Score is helpful and useful. The lost important thing is what is on it. Open items for example have different weight from place to place.
Moving target is the kindest way I can describe it.
Ken
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Soft credit pulls. - 12/22/17 01:35 AM

thumb thanks
Posted By: DanDaBald

Re: Soft credit pulls. - 01/11/18 05:07 AM

Just when you get it figured out . . . . . . .
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum