Texas Fishing Forum

MYSTERY LAKE CHALLENGE w/ 7 lb. KICKER!

Posted By: M. Alexander

MYSTERY LAKE CHALLENGE w/ 7 lb. KICKER! - 10/28/17 01:17 PM

This week I went to a lake I’ve never been on before & attempted to put together a “best 5 keeper challenge”. I really would’ve liked to have gotten some drone footage because it’s a beautiful lake, but after forgetting my shoes on a 38 degree morning, my sunglasses on a cloudless day, realizing I didn’t hook the front of the boat to the trailer last week (after nearly a 2 hour drive), and burying a hook passed the barb in me, I figured I shouldn’t tempt fate by hovering $1000 over water, lol. Comments and feedback are welcome as I continue to learn this film making bidness smile

Hope you enjoy!

Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: MYSTERY LAKE CHALLENGE w/ 7 lb. KICKER! - 10/29/17 09:58 AM

Great video and I feel your pain. I have been hooked a few times v
Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: MYSTERY LAKE CHALLENGE w/ 7 lb. KICKER! - 10/29/17 03:17 PM

Nice video and quite a good day just drawing a lake out of the hat.
Posted By: Fork-LegendV21

Re: MYSTERY LAKE CHALLENGE w/ 7 lb. KICKER! - 10/30/17 03:18 AM

Nice video man! Be careful by putting your hand in the water with an open cut. I did that back in March and ended up in the hospital for 3 days with Mursa infection... they caught it in time but doc said I was lucky and could have lost my hand... once it got in my blood stream it spread fast up the tendon. Anyways, cool video!
Posted By: Squirrely Dan

Re: MYSTERY LAKE CHALLENGE w/ 7 lb. KICKER! - 10/30/17 03:58 AM

I do the same thing. Always put Bridgeport on all three pieces of paper too. Just to make sure. It’s a fun lake

Re: MYSTERY LAKE CHALLENGE w/ 7 lb. KICKER! - 10/30/17 04:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Im RICK JAMES
I do the same thing. Always put Bridgeport on all three pieces of paper too. Just to make sure. It’s a fun lake

laugh Other choices were Bonham & Aquilla. I was happy to draw BP thumb

Re: MYSTERY LAKE CHALLENGE w/ 7 lb. KICKER! - 10/30/17 04:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Fork-Legend211
Nice video man! Be careful by putting your hand in the water with an open cut. I did that back in March and ended up in the hospital for 3 days with Mursa infection... they caught it in time but doc said I was lucky and could have lost my hand... once it got in my blood stream it spread fast up the tendon. Anyways, cool video!

Thanks! I ate a lot of dirt as kid so I think I’m good smile Seriously, though, thanks for the heads up. I was just happy to get it out and wasn’t thinking. Looking back I should’ve removed the treble from the bait before trying to yank it out, too. That could’ve gotten ugly. Glad your episode earlier this year turned out okay thumb
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: MYSTERY LAKE CHALLENGE w/ 7 lb. KICKER! - 10/30/17 05:38 AM

Good thing that crank didn't have top of the line hooks.....you need someone to paint you more baits I believe.
Posted By: Bassin with Beckham

Re: MYSTERY LAKE CHALLENGE w/ 7 lb. KICKER! - 10/30/17 02:57 PM

Awesome video! Enjoyed It!
Posted By: txsuperman

Re: MYSTERY LAKE CHALLENGE w/ 7 lb. KICKER! - 10/30/17 06:59 PM

great video. I enjoy that more than most of the other stuff I see on here. Good stuff and keep them coming
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: MYSTERY LAKE CHALLENGE w/ 7 lb. KICKER! - 10/31/17 02:04 AM

Enjoyed the video. Thanks for posting. thumb
Posted By: K.D.

Re: MYSTERY LAKE CHALLENGE w/ 7 lb. KICKER! - 11/01/17 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By: txsuperman
great video. I enjoy that more than most of the other stuff I see on here. Good stuff and keep them coming

Ditto. My thoughts exactly. Well edited, great graphics. Good content and none of the shouting and over the top antics.
Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

Re: MYSTERY LAKE CHALLENGE w/ 7 lb. KICKER! - 11/03/17 02:37 AM

Good stuff!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum