Texas Fishing Forum

Threadfin Shad Spawn & 5 Pound Bass

Posted By: TxBassAndCrappie

Threadfin Shad Spawn & 5 Pound Bass - 07/08/17 03:58 PM

Stumbled upon a threadfin shad spawn earlier this year (March 30th to be exact). I was getting a bite like every other cast. Mostly small fish, but I was able to land a 5 pounder at the end of the video. I was throwing a 6th sense trap (until it cracked) and finished the morning throwing a 1/2 oz sexy shad Red Eye Shad.
Posted By: L a r r y

Re: Threadfin Shad Spawn & 5 Pound Bass - 07/11/17 07:57 PM

Nice catching.....That spot always produces fish
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Threadfin Shad Spawn & 5 Pound Bass - 07/11/17 10:31 PM

Enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing. thumb
Posted By: T- Gil

Re: Threadfin Shad Spawn & 5 Pound Bass - 07/12/17 01:35 AM

Looks like you wore them out! I was amazed at the shad spawn this spring. I was fishing on the bank when they moved in right after daylight. It sounded like rain!
Nice video!

Re: Threadfin Shad Spawn & 5 Pound Bass - 07/13/17 03:24 AM

Yeah, it's usually a pretty good spot. I had a lot of fun that day. Thanks for watching!
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Threadfin Shad Spawn & 5 Pound Bass - 07/15/17 04:30 PM

thumb
Posted By: toddfish

Re: Threadfin Shad Spawn & 5 Pound Bass - 07/16/17 01:28 AM

cheers

Re: Threadfin Shad Spawn & 5 Pound Bass - 07/16/17 07:27 PM

It's crazy how one day a spot will be on fire then the next day it's almost dead. We went back to that same spot the next morning and didn't get a bite for the first 20 minutes. There was only a few shad spawning here and there. I managed to catch a couple pretty good bass, but it shut off so we started targeting pre-spawn fish. We found the motherload of spawning fish. Caught a 2, and a 4 right off the bat then my camera died. Could have been an awesome video, but I still got some cool footage.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum