Texas Fishing Forum

My free boat

Posted By: MrBankangler

My free boat - 09/12/16 03:34 PM

https://youtu.be/AFNkqc8yGt8

Got this boat from a uncle this January 2016. At one time he owned a fishing camp up in Missouri. He had one boat left out of 12. It sat in the field for many years. He was down here in Texas visiting and I showed him my boat my wife got me a couple of years ago. Its a Syvylor fish hunter. Thats a 4 chamber blow up raft. I bought a trolling motor for it and was about to get it registered to put on public water. And he said don't do that.... just come up to Mo. and visit with me. And I will give you a boat. He said it will need a little work but its free! So we packed a few bags and went and visited him a few months later. Yea, it was a little ruff but it was fun making it what it is today. I still need to get some navigation lights on it and get a fish finder. But it sure is nice to have a free boat! Its just a hole in the water I can throw money into now.

Oh.... by the way. the motor started on the 3rd pull after sitting for 15 years. All I had to do to it was replace the water pump.

It came with:
1986 15 HP Johnson
trolling motor
Trailer
12 life jackets
1 anchor
2 tow tubes

Re: My free boat - 09/12/16 03:34 PM

Oh yea.... It's a 1971 Richline.
Posted By: bronco71

Re: My free boat - 09/12/16 04:04 PM

Nice job! Now you have to change your name! LOL
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: My free boat - 09/12/16 04:31 PM

I fished out of the bow of a 16 footer like that with my grandpa for my entire youth,... me, my younger brother, grandma and grandpa fished Lake Wappapello
in Missouri. All summer we begged to go fishing ever weekend, and holiday. I think I remember every trip.
He had a 10 hp Sea King, and a transom trolling motor,..we carried the boat on top of a station wagon, strapped to a luggage rack.
I loved every minute. I can still remember him saying,.."if you boys dont be quiet, I'm gonna make you swim back to the cabin"
I hope you enjoy your new boat,..!! fish

Re: My free boat - 09/12/16 04:35 PM

Yea... but I still bank it. The last week of August I was on the bank and pulled 18 crappie out of the creek. So I can't stop banking it yet. I just have more options now.
But if I do change my name it would be something like this....MrBAGAB - - - -Mr. Bank Angler Got A Boat
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: My free boat - 09/13/16 02:13 AM

Nice job on the boat! Nice Rig! cheers

Side Note: Can't beat a nice spot on the bank! thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: My free boat - 09/13/16 01:54 PM

Nicely done! woot

Side Note: Can't beat the price.
Posted By: toddfish

Re: My free boat - 09/14/16 04:24 AM

thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: My free boat - 09/14/16 12:19 PM

Nice boat!
Posted By: Mulkey

Re: My free boat - 09/14/16 05:41 PM

That's a good little river boat.
Posted By: RangerR93VS

Re: My free boat - 09/14/16 09:19 PM

That's a cool boat. Great job fixing it up!
Posted By: Fritz423

Re: My free boat - 09/18/16 06:25 PM

You may find fixing and outfitting your boat is almost as entertaining as fishing-watch your wallet now!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum