Texas Fishing Forum

Jerkbaits--underwater footage

Posted By: CCTX

Jerkbaits--underwater footage - 08/18/15 04:12 AM

To expedite filming; all jerkbaits thrown attached with snap to 8ft 8lb Pline CXX leader (20lb power pro main line). I tend to use mono with some jerkbaits and mono with others depending on the jerkbait characteristics, but I chose the neutral buoyancy Pline CXX to limit variables and the snap for quick lure changing

Re: Jerkbaits--underwater footage - 08/18/15 04:27 AM

Limitations: Small pool required short casts and short retrieves. 6ft pool depth at the deepest area--not a fair test for the H2O deep Not the best camera angle. Didn't want to smash the rod rip against concrete when jerking the rod--had to retrieve more to the side than usual

The jerkbaits were all unmodified except the Smithwick Floating, which had three suspend dots.

Notes:
Different jerkbaits will shine in different situations, but some things really stood out

The Rapala Subwalk did a nice job staying about 1.5 feet below the surface with a slow rise on the pause
The Rapala Xrap suspended well with a slow fall and very loud rattle
The Storm Twitch Stick suspended well with a slow rise on pause
The H2O lures had very erratic action with loops and somersaults had some tendency to go tail down at times
The KVD was the easiest to 180
The Rapala Husky Jerk walked really well, prominent nose down on pauses
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Jerkbaits--underwater footage - 08/18/15 05:10 AM

Nice post. Very informative. Thanks for sharing. cheers
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Jerkbaits--underwater footage - 08/18/15 05:50 AM

If you wouldn't mind I would send you a couple custom vision 110's to test out if you would do a video on them.

Re: Jerkbaits--underwater footage - 08/18/15 12:54 PM

Absolutely, I'll send you the info.
Posted By: RudyDep

Re: Jerkbaits--underwater footage - 08/18/15 01:26 PM

Thats why I want a pool lol...
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Jerkbaits--underwater footage - 09/21/15 02:39 AM

cool vid
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum