Texas Fishing Forum

How do fish live here?

Posted By: Casey Borgers

How do fish live here? - 07/02/18 08:36 PM

During the community clean up, I decided to hop in my kayak and clean the lake in the hood, Lake Como. I've caught a lot of fish there but I've always been bothered by the trash. It was much worse than I imagined.
Posted By: cellis

Re: How do fish live here? - 07/02/18 09:40 PM

Props to you man. Never been to Como, but I can appreciate your effort.

Re: How do fish live here? - 07/02/18 10:19 PM

This video has gotten serious traction on facebook. over 4500 views in 24 hours. The mayor has been tagged. the city councilman has contacted me and so has the super attendant of the fort worth parks. Also, a nonprofit environmental clean up group out of houston contacted me this morning to organize a grand clean up with corporate sponsors. crazy
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: How do fish live here? - 07/03/18 02:02 AM

Great video and Props to you for bringing the trash problem to the attention of City Officials. Just about every inner city water body has a lot of trash in and around it with no efforts being made to clean them up! soap

Re: How do fish live here? - 07/03/18 01:15 PM

thanks
Posted By: River Mongrel

Re: How do fish live here? - 07/03/18 03:53 PM

i know a guy who conducted fish survey for state . he said there are more giant black bass in that small lake como than any other in texas in relation to size. hard to believe
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: How do fish live here? - 07/03/18 05:36 PM

that could be a nice place

Re: How do fish live here? - 07/05/18 04:59 PM

interesting. I've caught some good ones out of there. 4 pounds is my best. It's in the hood. I usually go early Sunday morning while all the thugs are asleep.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: How do fish live here? - 07/05/18 09:44 PM

surprised you didn't find a body,.. bolt
Posted By: STRATOS 278DC

Re: How do fish live here? - 07/05/18 10:02 PM

good job
Posted By: mikereils5er

Re: How do fish live here? - 07/05/18 11:07 PM

good job. interesting that you were contacted by city officials. hopefully they want to help rather than put there name on something.
Posted By: 89javelin100

Re: How do fish live here? - 07/06/18 04:00 AM

Make SURE they know about Lake Echo as well!! Consistently produces 4 lb bass there. TRASH TRASH TRASH.

Thanks for your time working there!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum