Texas Fishing Forum

Wireless fish finder (Deeper Pro)

Posted By: smove

Wireless fish finder (Deeper Pro) - 10/17/17 04:29 PM

Just wondering if anyone has had to opportunity to use the wireless fish finder (deeper pro)? I'm thinking about buying one, but I would love to hear some feedback on this unit if anyone has one or seen it in action.
Posted By: Double K Outdoors

Re: Wireless fish finder (Deeper Pro) - 10/17/17 04:33 PM

I don't have the "Deeper" one but I have a different one. Depending on what you wanting to use it for it could work out well for you. I mainly use it to find depth and changes in the bottom. They will work well for that. With mine i'm able to see structure and depth changes just like a basic unit for a boat. If this is all you are wanting, then it will work just fine for you.
Posted By: smove

Re: Wireless fish finder (Deeper Pro) - 10/17/17 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By: BankBassin
I don't have the "Deeper" one but I have a different one. Depending on what you wanting to use it for it could work out well for you. I mainly use it to find depth and changes in the bottom. They will work well for that. With mine i'm able to see structure and depth changes just like a basic unit for a boat. If this is all you are wanting, then it will work just fine for you.

Thanks BankBassin, if you don't mind me asking, what type do you have? I read a couple complaints about the deeper not pairing with their Iphones. Have you had any similar issues?
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Wireless fish finder (Deeper Pro) - 10/17/17 04:40 PM

Like stated above it depends on what you are wanting to use it for. I have the original to use for crappie in the creeks and found it to be pretty hard to cast far and not showing enough detail to decipher brush from fish. For simple depth and water temp it works very good. Make sure your phone is charged.
Posted By: Double K Outdoors

Re: Wireless fish finder (Deeper Pro) - 10/17/17 04:45 PM

I do not have an iPhone so I couldn't tell you about the pairing. The only time that I lose pairing is when I make a really long cast with it. If I get it out about 40-50 yards, it won't connect anymore. The rest of the time I do not have a problem with it pairing to my phone as long as I follow the instructions.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Wireless fish finder (Deeper Pro) - 10/17/17 05:12 PM

I remember having to pair it every time I moved spots and it had to be in the water to do so.
Posted By: Banker Fisherman

Re: Wireless fish finder (Deeper Pro) - 10/17/17 05:17 PM

I do not own the Deeper or the iBobber, but I have used both when with co-anglers. I would say that they are both useful and each does similar functions, but they each have different features. Since I mainly fish from the bank in ponds/small bodies of water, I liked the ability to check water temperature and see depth/structure. To be honest, the iBobber is the more economical choice with a more affordable price. As for the longevity between the two, I have heard different things.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum