Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Hubbard or Lavon

Posted By: iVegotGREYS

Ray Hubbard or Lavon - 07/26/17 08:18 AM

My brother in law is stuck on fishing these lakes, only thing is we don't have a boat here in Dallas. So my questions is which of the two has more or better access for a bank fisherman.
Posted By: blooper961

Re: Ray Hubbard or Lavon - 07/26/17 10:31 AM

Hubbard has almost no access due to public owning lakefront and making it private.
I do not know about lavon
Posted By: Tc24

Re: Ray Hubbard or Lavon - 07/26/17 01:08 PM

At Ray Hubbard I see a lot of people fishing off the bank in John Paul Jones Park & Terry Park. I don't know if they're doing any good there, but see them there everytime I go.

Re: Ray Hubbard or Lavon - 07/26/17 03:56 PM

Thanks for the input missed going this morning(darn stuff called work). Now that's the brother in law has been looking at the different body's of water around us he's wanting to try out squaw creek I've been on a boat but can't remember how the bank accessibility was?
Posted By: bgt1989

Re: Ray Hubbard or Lavon - 07/26/17 05:14 PM

A buddy and I went and fished the bank of Ray Hubbard last weekend just where the 30 bridge runs out near the hotel. A couple guys caught some bass but it wasn't all that productive for the most part. Plenty of public access and bank space.
Posted By: fishinagain

Re: Ray Hubbard or Lavon - 07/26/17 10:12 PM

Lavon has a lot of back access on the North side hint >> (Lucas). The main issue I run unto at Rubbard is parking. It also depends what you fishing for.

Re: Ray Hubbard or Lavon - 07/26/17 10:34 PM

I usually target LMB, but if it's slow I just bust the ultra light out and catch w.e brim or small fish seem to be in the area. I'm actually taking family out and they want to cath LMB, white bass and if we decide to go to squaw creek they want to attempt to catch some tilapia.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum