Texas Fishing Forum

Coppell bank fishing

Posted By: Hooky_Looky

Coppell bank fishing - 06/29/17 10:01 PM

Any recommendations on bank fishing spots in coppell? My son is excited about fishing. We've visited several ponds with no luck. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.
Posted By: DNA

Re: Coppell bank fishing - 06/30/17 04:09 PM

Bluegill fishing is good everywhere in Andrew Brown park. You can also get large mouth bass from west pond of andrew Brown.

Denton creek under the bridge is another good spot.
Posted By: DNA

Re: Coppell bank fishing - 06/30/17 04:11 PM

BTW, I saw Carp Fishing club did several fishing activities in west pond, but I never tried it.
Posted By: erittmueller

Re: Coppell bank fishing - 06/30/17 04:23 PM

Canal that feeds Andrew Brown has lots of sunfish, Denton Creek is EXCELLENT catfishing.

Eric
Posted By: Hooky_Looky

Re: Coppell bank fishing - 07/01/17 03:08 PM

Thanks
Posted By: Longeye

Re: Coppell bank fishing - 07/02/17 03:42 PM

Jump the fence at North Lake... jk

All kidding aside, I used to catch a lot of bass, catfish and crappie out of there many years ago.
Posted By: cthai89

Re: Coppell bank fishing - 07/04/17 05:01 PM

Originally Posted By: erittmueller
Canal that feeds Andrew Brown has lots of sunfish, Denton Creek is EXCELLENT catfishing.

Eric

What part of Denton creek? A lot of the places I've seen are shallow most of the time unless it's raining then it's flooded.
Posted By: erittmueller

Re: Coppell bank fishing - 07/05/17 02:54 PM

Near the west part of Andrew Brown Park, south of Vista Ridge Athletic Park, some good spots between 121 and Andrew Brown. If you find a hole there are probably cats in it.

Eric
Posted By: Sunbae

Re: Coppell bank fishing - 07/22/17 02:12 PM

If you visit Coppell often, don't hesitate to PM me as I still live there. I'd gladly show you and your son some of the best spots in Coppell. Andy Brown is a little tough after the huge construction effort. It got rid of a lot of natural cover and the bass don't relate to any certain spots anymore. The canal system that feeds into Andy Brown is fair but pressured heavily for largemouth bass. Skip the canals immediately upstream of Andy Brown, as the one that feeds directly into the main pond was entirely drained 3 years ago to make the "spillway". The two sections near the Coppell Library are the good ones; very shallow and you can often sight fish in the warmer months. Lot of middle and high schoolers fish those canals. If your son is very young, and prefers easy fishing, there's a small duck pond by Townlake Apartments which is absolutely infested with panfish. Not large, but you can easily sit down and catch 20 or 30 (very) small sunfish in as much minutes. Powerbait crappie nibbles or hot dogs on a bobber is a must if you do decide to go that route.
Posted By: Woodwzrd

Re: Coppell bank fishing - 09/14/17 07:28 PM

thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum