Texas Fishing Forum

White rock creek

Posted By: DallasCB4

White rock creek - 01/09/17 02:35 AM

Has anyone had any luck with crappie on white rock creek between northwest highway and greenville ave? Ive tried a few spot this week but no luck not even a bite. Water crystal clear and thin layers of ice at bends. Water also not to high seems like perfect conditions once you find a place to climb down to get to a good spot.
Posted By: TxPacker4

Re: White rock creek - 01/09/17 02:53 PM

White Rock's peak has already come and gone this winter. We were taking limits a few weeks ago, up until about last weekend, when the threadfin finally showed up. The crappie are definitely still there but with the shad so thick now, literally all the crappie have to do is open their mouth to eat. You'll catch a few, but it's going to be damn near impossible to get a limit. You'll catch/snag more shad than you will crappie. The good news, there are plenty of other creeks in the area to hunt down some fish. Just gotta get out there and explore.

Re: White rock creek - 01/09/17 09:03 PM

Thanks for the heads up. White rock Creek must be an early winter creek for crappie then, if theres no more action happening. I've been fishing other creeks but I just wanted to get away from the crowd and decided to head up there since I've never been there before but thanks for the heads up.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: White rock creek - 01/11/17 02:30 AM

Txpacker4 is right on! Lots of super small yellows been caught and folks snagging huge gizzards!
Posted By: dmunsie

Re: White rock creek - 01/11/17 05:04 PM

I've fished the main lake, but never the creek area. Is it the creek area south of the spillway and 78? Thx.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: White rock creek - 01/11/17 06:08 PM

Nope. It`s the area North of NW hwy & w Lawther Drive.Everyone would be all on top of each other at the famous bend and the W Lawther bridge thinking that was the only place to catch them but I would park @ Skillman & Merriman,follow the trail to the WRC and Jackson Branch confluence and get em.Most times I would be the only one there because it was a walk no one wanted to make but in my case it was worth it with just a Jig & Bobber set up and a bucket ! MOST TIMES 2cents
Posted By: "Old School"

Re: White rock creek - 01/11/17 08:00 PM

Does anybody bass fish in that creek during the winter. Where there's baitfish there's usually bass. Just wondering!

Re: White rock creek - 01/13/17 08:26 AM

thx
Originally Posted By: Fishbonz
Nope. It`s the area North of NW hwy & w Lawther Drive.Everyone would be all on top of each other at the famous bend and the W Lawther bridge thinking that was the only place to catch them but I would park @ Skillman & Merriman,follow the trail to the WRC and Jackson Branch confluence and get em.Most times I would be the only one there because it was a walk no one wanted to make but in my case it was worth it with just a Jig & Bobber set up and a bucket ! MOST TIMES 2cents

Thx, does look like quite a walk. (For this old man.. lol..) Do you park in the back of the business there behind skillman? How's the safety in the area?

Re: White rock creek - 01/15/17 12:16 AM

Originally Posted By: dmunsie
thx
Originally Posted By: Fishbonz

Thx, does look like quite a walk. (For this old man.. lol..) Do you park in the back of the business there behind skillman? How's the safety in the area?

No! You park right on Marriman. There is a designated spot there just before the Skillman stop sign and you will not be ticketed. I was a few years younger when I did it. roflmao

Re: White rock creek - 01/15/17 12:38 AM

You don`t have to go all the way to the Jackson branch.There is plenty of fishable water before you go that far along the WRC trail.There are creek bends & debri piles with deeeeep holes along the way.

Re: White rock creek - 01/15/17 06:03 AM

Thx guys, much appreciated.
Posted By: SourTemplePilot

Re: White rock creek - 02/08/17 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: "Old School"
Does anybody bass fish in that creek during the winter. Where there's baitfish there's usually bass. Just wondering!

I fish for LMB in WRC up in the North Dallas/Plano area. I even have a video below with by biggest LMB coming in at 3 lbs. Fun!

WRC LMB fishing

Posted By: MellowFellow

Re: White rock creek - 02/24/17 07:43 AM

Any news on the crappie fishing day or night? I know people are still catching crappie at Rowlett near Firewheel, and I've caught a few crappie at night under Miller.
Posted By: CoC Angler

Re: White rock creek - 02/25/17 09:00 AM

Originally Posted By: SourTemplePilot
Originally Posted By: "Old School"

I fish for LMB in WRC up in the North Dallas/Plano area. I even have a video below with by biggest LMB coming in at 3 lbs. Fun!

WRC LMB fishing

nice video and nice action
Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: White rock creek - 02/25/17 02:50 PM

I tried to fish for sandies up around Greenville Ave/Royal Lane, but couldn't because the netters were already there, dragging a large net across the middle of the creek channel. So I called the game warden instead.
Posted By: ampfizo

Re: White rock creek - 02/25/17 05:45 PM

Good job. Thats how we do it.
Posted By: Hookinup

Re: White rock creek - 02/25/17 07:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Lovfldx
I tried to fish for sandies up around Greenville Ave/Royal Lane, but couldn't because the netters were already there, dragging a large net across the middle of the creek channel. So I called the game warden instead.

No mug shots ? roflmao

Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: White rock creek - 02/25/17 09:25 PM

3 vs 1, they didn't look too happy when I stumbled upon them. Started moving upstream when they saw me. No lug shots. Immediately called GW.

Re: White rock creek - 02/26/17 11:15 PM

I've been there twice and could never find them! i spent more time trying to get through the trees then came across some shopping carts instead of fish
Posted By: Bass33

Re: White rock creek - 02/28/17 01:17 AM

Caught in WRC right in the heart of Dallas, 20" and an even 5 lbs , very fat & healthy fish
Posted By: SourTemplePilot

Re: White rock creek - 05/17/17 03:20 PM

Bass33, that's a nice bass! Anyone been fishing this creek, lately? Any success?
Posted By: Bass33

Re: White rock creek - 05/18/17 12:21 AM

I've been back to WRC several times since catching the 5 lb'er, but nothing else that big. Most of the LMB I catch there are typically 1-2 lbs. The bite is best in late afternoon & most of my catches are on senkos and flukes fished very slowly. The water clarity on the portion I fish is usually poor so dark colors are key.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum