Texas Fishing Forum

One of Dem Days-Addons

Posted By: Lovfldx

One of Dem Days-Addons - 11/19/16 01:14 AM

When the fish wanted whatever you threw at em! Caught fish pretty much all day walking a creek. Black bass, spotted bass, sand bass, blue gills, green sunfish, warmouth, long ear sunfish, channel cat, and even a NICE crappie thrown in for good measure. Fished Bachman creek from the 35 overpass, downstream towards the mouth where it empties into the Elm Fork. Clear running water, riffles and rapids galore, emerald green pools loaded with fish that may have never seen a rooster tail or a hollow body tube jig in their life. Until today! Jig with bobber, jig without bobber, Rooster tails, pick a color, any color, they wanted them all!

If the tracks in the mud along the creek bank are accurate indicators, there are enough wild hogs down there to fill a couple of smokehouses! Tracks EVERYWHERE! All sizes!! Steered clear of the swampy area where the police id'ed a gator in the 8 ft range.

Today:11/22/2016. Seems these fish in this creek like these off weather front days. Walked the area between Harry Hines and Denton Drive--same results. Fish everywhere. Got about 12 of these:

Another bucketfull of bluegills and sunfish.

But what kind of sunfish is this? Bluegill? Greenie? Longear? Dare I say--Redbreast? A mixd of all of the above or any two of the above? You gill and sunfish experts, to the front of the line please!:

I guess i will keep hitting this creek from Denton to the River until they just cease and desist!

Rudy
Posted By: O' Crappie Day

Re: One of Dem Days - 11/20/16 12:21 AM

Hey Rudy,

Would this be the area by the Dart Bus Station? Or could you clarify the swampy area for me? I was thinking about going and the whole 8ft gator thing has me kind of scratching my head.. (I really don't want that meeting).
Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: One of Dem Days - 11/20/16 03:21 PM

There is another swampy area, near Harry Hines, barely visible from the road. More isolated, harder to get to, where the police said he had been sighted. Last yr I found remains of eaten animals in that remote area.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: One of Dem Days - 11/22/16 02:37 AM

Caught FOUR nice bigguns last night behind the restaurant Rudy!
Posted By: Tommar

Re: One of Dem Days - 11/22/16 03:56 AM

Love does days!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: One of Dem Days - 11/22/16 05:08 AM

Love day like that! Good job Rudy! thumb
Posted By: dmunsie

Re: One of Dem Days - 11/23/16 09:21 AM

Looks like a "pumpkinseed sunfish". Nice haul. I enjoy your reports, makes me wish I wasn't 2 hours away from your fishing holes. lol.. wink
Posted By: FishinASAP

Re: One of Dem Days - 12/03/16 04:57 AM

Hey Rudy, where's the best place to park?
Posted By: Laker One

Re: One of Dem Days - 12/04/16 01:54 PM

Nice post. woot
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum