Texas Fishing Forum

LLELA Fishing with the kids

Posted By: JJ4MEL

LLELA Fishing with the kids - 11/08/16 05:01 PM

Took 2 of my kids fishing and hiking down river from LLELA. Really enjoyed the wildlife as we walked about a mile downstream. Caught a lot of bluegill and some beautiful sunfish (no pics). We were also able to land some nice carp which the kids really enjoyed. We plan to go more often.

Posted By: GigTheFish

Re: LLELA Fishing with the kids - 11/08/16 06:41 PM

That is awesome! Great pics. I've been looking for a place like that to go with my 5year old. Something slightly remote but still easy to get to. Haven't had much luck in the Allen/McKinney area. But that place looks great!
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: LLELA Fishing with the kids - 11/08/16 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By: GigTheFish
That is awesome! Great pics. I've been looking for a place like that to go with my 5year old. Something slightly remote but still easy to get to. Haven't had much luck in the Allen/McKinney area. But that place looks great!

My son is 5 so I can recommend taking your 5 year old. I would also recommend parking below the dam in the are called "designated area" so you can hike down river and avoid climbing the rocks down. This is the 2nd time we have been. My kids ages are 3,5,5 & 13. Last time we all went just for the hiking trails. Lots of great scenery. Kids loved it.
Posted By: Banker Fisherman

Re: LLELA Fishing with the kids - 11/08/16 07:57 PM

There are a lot of decent little ponds around GigTheFish to take a kiddo to. I have a 5yr old Daughter as well and she enjoys fishing...maybe only for like 10-15min, but she enjoys it. Where have you gone so far in the Allen/Mckinney area?
Posted By: GigTheFish

Re: LLELA Fishing with the kids - 11/08/16 09:55 PM

We've found a lot of ponds in Allen. Most are great for a quick fishing trip. I would like to take him somewhere a bit more remote. He likes to hike in the woods and explore and look for coyotes and skunks. There are a lot of creeks in the area so I've been looking for one where we could walk in the forested area and find a creek for fishing. I found a few, but they are a bit overgrown for him.
Posted By: Jacky Wiggins

Re: LLELA Fishing with the kids - 11/08/16 10:01 PM

Nice job. Lots of good fish in there.
Posted By: Banker Fisherman

Re: LLELA Fishing with the kids - 11/09/16 12:04 AM

Originally Posted By: GigTheFish
We've found a lot of ponds in Allen. Most are great for a quick fishing trip. I would like to take him somewhere a bit more remote. He likes to hike in the woods and explore and look for coyotes and skunks. There are a lot of creeks in the area so I've been looking for one where we could walk in the forested area and find a creek for fishing. I found a few, but they are a bit overgrown for him.

Plano has a great set of trails, both paved and non paved. Most will run along creeks, check out this link for trail maps and great information:

https://www.plano.gov/946/Trail-Maps

This will give you links to detailed pdf maps of the area.

I used to live in plano and was happy when they came out with this information.
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: LLELA Fishing with the kids - 11/21/16 03:25 PM

Great job DAD
Posted By: Laker One

Re: LLELA Fishing with the kids - 11/23/16 01:12 PM

Super Post! Simply OUTSTANDING! woot
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: LLELA Fishing with the kids - 11/23/16 01:42 PM

Awesome post!
Posted By: Perchy Perch

Re: LLELA Fishing with the kids - 11/23/16 06:24 PM

Can't wait to take mine fishing. WTG dad!

thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: LLELA Fishing with the kids - 11/25/16 11:46 AM

It just don't get any better! Awesome Post! rockon
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum