Texas Fishing Forum

Your Opinions on BlueTooth Sonar/Fishfinder

Posted By: Banker Fisherman

Your Opinions on BlueTooth Sonar/Fishfinder - 10/29/16 12:37 PM

I was wanting opinions from those of you who own and use Bluetooth fishfinders like the iBobber or Deeper. I fish ponds more often than lakes and have been thinking of investing in one of the Bluetooth fishfinders to help when I am at a new pond or even an old one to get an idea of depth, water temp, and activity. Just wanted to know what you guys thought about them and any recommendations?
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Your Opinions on BlueTooth Sonar/Fishfinder - 10/29/16 12:59 PM

I just ordered a Deeper and plan on playing with it next week. Looks to be worth the money. I will follow up with how it works. Honestly, if you fish mainly ponds, I wouldn't invest in a Deeper. I would get a cheaper version such as the IBobber.

Re: Your Opinions on BlueTooth Sonar/Fishfinder - 10/30/16 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By: fishin'aholic2
I just ordered a Deeper and plan on playing with it next week. Looks to be worth the money. I will follow up with how it works. Honestly, if you fish mainly ponds, I wouldn't invest in a Deeper. I would get a cheaper version such as the IBobber.

That's great, let me know what you think. What are you planning on using it for?
Posted By: wharf_rat_01

Re: Your Opinions on BlueTooth Sonar/Fishfinder - 10/31/16 03:23 PM

I have a Fishhunter Pro but I rarely use it for pond fishing, I usually cast and retrieve parallel to the shore where the water is shallow and it works best with 6' or deeper water to find fish. I do find it useful when I go kayak fishing though.

Re: Your Opinions on BlueTooth Sonar/Fishfinder - 10/31/16 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: wharf_rat_01
I have a Fishhunter Pro but I rarely use it for pond fishing, I usually cast and retrieve parallel to the shore where the water is shallow and it works best with 6' or deeper water to find fish. I do find it useful when I go kayak fishing though.

Yea, I would like to use it mostly to have a better understanding of a ponds topography. Knowing where some under water points, creek beds, and structure would be. I know it can also help with water temp as well.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum