Texas Fishing Forum

Fall Lewisville fishing question

Posted By: acbrown1977

Fall Lewisville fishing question - 10/07/16 07:50 PM

Havent fished a fall set in texas yet and Im wondering if the bank fishing will be better as the water temps drop....
Im truly getting tired of just throwing stuff in the water with only under limit stuff coming back.
Posted By: jippedgenes

Re: Fall Lewisville fishing question - 10/07/16 08:07 PM

What are you fishing for?

Re: Fall Lewisville fishing question - 10/08/16 11:52 PM

bass, crappie, and cats... or just drink beer and throw [censored] in the water lol
Posted By: jippedgenes

Re: Fall Lewisville fishing question - 10/09/16 03:06 PM

I had the same kind of deal. i bought a used POS kayak on craigslist fro dirt cheap and was able to fish a lot more places.

Check out lake park. I have caught 20# blues in the spring and 8-10# blues occasionally in the fall mostly 2-5#rs with cut shad or perch heads.

when the sandies are shallow you can limit quick with a chrome slab.

bass are all in the buck brush and willow in the slough right now. have not caught any big ones but have got a ton of little guys. still fun
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Fall Lewisville fishing question - 10/10/16 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By: acbrown1977
bass, crappie, and cats... or just drink beer and throw [censored] in the water lol

I like your style ha ha

The fishing should get better as the water temps cool. From now till Turkey day is my favorite time of the year for fishing.

Re: Fall Lewisville fishing question - 10/12/16 05:08 PM

thanks for all the info guys!
If it wasnt for the forum, Id have zero clue about texas fishing lol
Posted By: Jacky Wiggins

Re: Fall Lewisville fishing question - 10/13/16 11:43 AM

You can catch crappie in the fall from the banks in the feeder creeks walking the bank and dropping a minnow or jig on every piece of wood you find within reach. A long jigging pole helps.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum