Texas Fishing Forum

I'm new to The Colony. Looking for Bassponds.

Posted By: soje

I'm new to The Colony. Looking for Bassponds. - 08/29/16 11:56 PM

Hey all,

Been in Plano for the last 20 years. Just moved to The Colony and I se what looks like decent spots all over the place. Haven't had the time to explore them. Anyone wanna share some knowledge?

Thank you,
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: I'm new to The Colony. Looking for Bassponds. - 09/05/16 01:09 AM

Hmmmmm....memories.

5000 Pemberton Ln. The corner house. Phone number was 817-772-1712. The house was brand new and I was about 10 years old. The house was the very last house in "the colony". Which, at the time wasn't a city it was a Fox and Jacobs development. It had 400 houses. And a great pond.

About two years later, "the pond" was surrounded with houses. It was about three blocks north west of our house. I caught, at that time, a state youth record crappie there. I was catching fingerling catfish with hot dog chunks on a Shimano "FastCast" 50 sized spinner with a Shakespeare ugly stick. The crappie ate my catfish while I was reeling it in. Haha.

It was MY first crappie. And it was a good one. I used to load my dads bass buster onto a wagon and take it out to the pond. I pretended to be a bass tourney guy. I loved it. Used my Mongoose bike like it was a truck. Lol.

Sorry for not being much help. But, you got me going down memory lane.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: I'm new to The Colony. Looking for Bassponds. - 09/05/16 01:12 AM

Oh....and the giant oak trees? I planted them with a shovel one weekend as punishment for throwing wet newspapers at cars in the middle of the night on fm423. Haha. I was a bad kid.
Posted By: teambassmanager

Re: I'm new to The Colony. Looking for Bassponds. - 09/08/16 02:25 AM

It's called Lions Club park and it has been revamped since then. Some good spots in The Colony at Stewart's Creek end of North Colony and some jewels behind the Angelina's resturant (lake access). If ur looking for a better catch you can goto Pier 121 and fish the docks or banks which have been pretty productive lately.. especially during dusk and night (if security is being cool). Other than this you can goto Hidden Cove and fish those docks (which is towards Little Elm off 423) or travel even further towards tollway legacy area behind the bank.. It's super hype for big bass, make sure you stay on the bank side as the opposing side is ran by strict security (he has asked me to leave now about 25+ times) whip something about that beautiful lawn at night time still makes me curious. Hope his helps
Posted By: soje

Re: I'm new to The Colony. Looking for Bassponds. - 09/14/16 02:40 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Oh....and the giant oak trees? I planted them with a shovel one weekend as punishment for throwing wet newspapers at cars in the middle of the night on fm423. Haha. I was a bad kid.

That's pretty cool. I remember fishing all over Plano, and have lots of stories. Thanks for the tip, and thank you 422studios.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum