Texas Fishing Forum

league city

Posted By: Midlobassin

league city - 07/16/16 02:28 PM

I'm taking a trip with the family next month to league city. Any good bank fishing spots there? Also going down to Galveston or Surfside. Not sure which yet been to Galveston Beach but never fished it. Any advise on either one? This is going to be my fist time saltwater fishing.
Posted By: TXfisherman12

Re: league city - 07/16/16 08:24 PM

There are endless possibilites since you are real close to the Bays and Gulf. League City is not far from the TX City Dike, which juts out several miles into the bay and has great bank access. There are some spots in Kemah and north of Kemah there is Pine Gully Park (which has a fee). As far as tactics, a good all-around bait is live or freshly dead shrimp fished a foot or so below a popping cork. Good luck!
Posted By: H-TownCrappieMan

Re: league city - 07/20/16 03:43 PM

In league City near the post office there is a park where people park along side the road. It s west of Toddvile Road and near the seafood places in Kemah. That is a nice family location where you can park on the road and sit ion a chair and catch flounder, redfish, etc. Also there is Texas City Dike where it costs $5 to park and fish.
Posted By: Midlobassin

Re: league city - 07/20/16 05:56 PM

Thanks for the info. I looked at the dike looks pretty good but probably busy. I will look into the park.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum